Bug: Spotify automatically adds a 2 to every new playlist I create from artist album

Re: Bug: Spotify automatically adds a 2 to every new playlist I create from artist album

Hey @AndyNeale,

Thanks for clarifying those details.

Could you let us know the specs of the device this is happening on, and whether it happens when you do it on another desktop device?

Thanks! Keep us posted :)

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Re: Bug: Spotify automatically adds a 2 to every new playlist I create from artist album

AndyNeale
Regular

It does the same on both of my laptops - one is a Dell XPS 15 with a Core i9 processor and 16GB of RAM, one is a Lenovo Miix 320 with an Atom CPU and 4GB of RAM - both significantly different machines, and yet the same problem occurs on both.

Which presumably makes it more likely to be somehow related to my account rather than to the machine that the Spotify client is running on...

Hey @AndyNeale,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It most likely is an account issue. With that in mind, could you try removing all of your offline devices by going here?

Keep us posted on your progress!

PeterModerator

AndyNeale
Regular

Done...

Any luck @AndyNeale?

Keep us posted :)

PeterModerator

AndyNeale
Regular

I removed all my offline devices as requested, I was waiting for your next move...

--

Andy

redfox_seattle
Regular

I also removed all of my offline devices and I'm still having the same issue on every device.

Hey @redfox_seattle and @AndyNeale,

Thanks for your patience!

Since this is happening for you across different devices, this does indeed seem to be an account issue.

With that in mind, we suggest you create a new account and transfer all your saved music and playlists over to it by following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help with the above.

Thanks! 

PeterModerator

Highlighted

k0d3r1s
Casual Listener

moving accounts doesn't help. i had this issue with my old and my current account. as I can see it affects multiple people / devices / OS'es, can't it actually be bug in spotify's code instead of something in account / device settings?

SUGGESTED POSTS