Bug: Spotify automatically adds a 2 to every new playlist I create from artist album

Highlighted

Re: Bug: Spotify automatically adds a 2 to every new playlist I create from artist album

Casual Listener

I am using Linux and have this problem on my personal Debian 10 and also have the same problem on Ubuntu 18 I have at work

Highlighted

Upgraded to family account, now all new playlists have 2 at the end

Casual Listener

Hi,

I've been using spotify with my wife for years. We now upgraded to family plan so that both have their own accounts. Now, both on my wife's new account and my old account, every new playlist we create has 2 at the end initially. Extremely annoying!

To be clear, her account is brand new and she is still getting 2 at the end of every new playlist she is creating.

Highlighted

Re: Upgraded to family account, now all new playlists have 2 at the end

Casual Listener
I have the same issue, it's been happening for the last 3 years or so. I have a very old account, circa 2009. I went through the troubleshooting steps with Spotify support a couple of years back (clean install, replicated on multiple devices, they even logged in and tested) same result always adds a 2 to the end of a new playlist when I add a whole album to a new playlist. They suggested it's an account issue and they wanted me to cancel my subscription and create a new one. No way I'm doing that, 11 years of playlists and audio scrobbling gone. It seems like a problem in the database that stores the account information and therefore playlist data. It is not a multiple entry but it's a bug where the database thinks it is. I think at some stage maybe they migrated their back end data storage to a new storage location or upgraded the database infrastructure. Users with older accounts that match certain criteria are exposed to the bug, it could also be potentially due to me integrating it with Facebook and then removing the facebook integration and for some reason my account is showing twice in their database (one with facebook integration and one without? I don't know). There is no way for them to fix your account which is extremely disappointing. So I just have to remove the 2 manually when I add an album.
Highlighted

Re: Upgraded to family account, now all new playlists have 2 at the end

Visitor

Hi, The same issue has appeared for me recently too.
I connected to, created playlist through and then disconnected an app (PlaylistMachinery) and created folders for the first time which may be a part of the root cause.

I have however seen a pattern that some playlists when the artist or album name contains punctuation or UTF-8 only characters. e.g
"!!! - Wallop", "¡Forward Russia! – Give Me a Wall", "EGOVERT – HEY!", "Sokos – Y'EP", "Øfdream – Øfdream: Anthology, Pt. 1", "Ólafur Arnalds – re:member"
do not append append this incorrect numbering.

Other albums / artists with the same punctuation and lettering still causes issues. e.g
"The Isley Brothers – Shout!", "T'**bleep** – Pleasure and Pain" & "EGOVERT - Apollo!", "BØRNS – Blue Madonna"

Deleting and recreating playlists using any of the above albums consistently gives an append / not result.
Given the naming of new playlists
(always "New Playlist" in the web player / "My Playlist #123" in android app)
it makes it seem like the custom logic for the Mac App has an issue.

Highlighted

Re: Bug: Spotify automatically adds a 2 to every new playlist I create from artist album

Casual Listener
Me too. I've been having this problem for a good 2 or 3 years, manually deleting the 2 the whole time. Would really love it if Spotify could come up with a fix
Highlighted

Roadie
Hi guys, can you guys try using a different device?

Hope this helps.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi, Joelman719

I only use Spotify on my laptop. I have changed machines since I started having this issue, though, and it's been a problem on both.

Thanks

Highlighted

Roadie
Hi guys, can you also try using a different internet? Hope this helps.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi. Sorry if I'm being ignorant, but I'm not too sure what you mean. Like, try a different ISP?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have tried across multiple devices, macs/pcs... reinstall of mac os... same issue, reinstall windows 10... same issue. It does not happen when I add a playlist using the iOS app or Spotify for android. Only a desktop client on either mac or windows. 

Bizzare that Spotify cannot find a fix for this issue, as per my last reply it is a back end database issue.

Can someone from @Spotify comment on this? 

SUGGESTED POSTS