Bug: Spotify automatically adds a 2 to every new playlist I create from artist album

1 person liked this

Bug: Spotify automatically adds a 2 to every new playlist I create from artist album

redfox_seattle
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

(OSX Desktop)

Operating System

(OSX High Sierra)

My Question or Issue

Whenever I create a new playlist from an album I want to listen to, Spotify automatically adds the number 2 at the end. I go into the album view, click the elipses button, Add to Playlist > New Playlist. A playlist gets added to the left side with the artist name and album name, but it adds 2 as if this is the second instance of the same album playlist, even when there is no other instance. 

I've been having this issue for about a year now. It's easy enough to change, but gets tedius after I have to do it to every single playlist-from-album I create. It doesn't happen on other platforms (Android, web player) becuause those platforms don't automatically name the playlist. I'd much rather it have a default name then no name at all, but I just can't figure out why it's adding a 2. 

spotify_example.jpg
4 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Bug: Spotify automatically adds a 2 to every new playlist I create from artist album

Rising Star 17 AeroZ
Rising Star 17

Hello!

I just did a clean install of my Spotify client and I'm seeing the same issue as you. It doesn't happen with every playlist that I create though. It indeed seems like Spotify thinks that there is a playlist with that name already but there actually isn't or at least there isn't anymore.

macOS 10.13.6

Spotify 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1

Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 13.35.12.png

AeroZRising Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: Bug: Spotify automatically adds a 2 to every new playlist I create from artist album

rleich

I'm having the same issue. Anyone find a solution to this?

redfox_seattle
Casual Listener

Haven't found a solution yet, except to manually edit every one as I create it. It's a huge pain.

I'm having the same issue.

SUGGESTED POSTS