Bug: switch playback from ios to macos, turn off ios headphones, macos stops playing

Bug: switch playback from ios to macos, turn off ios headphones, macos stops playing

paton

Premium plan in USA, iPhone 8 running iOS 12.4 and Spotify 8.5.17.713, macOS 10.14.5 with Spotify 1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f.

Steps:

1. Play music in Spotify on iOS while using Bluetooth headphones

2. In Spotify on macOS use the "Connect to a device" control to switch to macOS

3. Turn off Bluetooth headphones

Actual result:

Music switches from playing on iOS to playing on macOS as expected, but when the headphones on the iOS device are then turned off, the music stops playing.

Expected result:

Once playback has transferred to the desktop, turning off the iOS headphones does not impact playback.

1 Reply

Re: Bug: switch playback from ios to macos, turn off ios headphones, macos stops playing

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also recommend updatin to macOS 10.14.6 :)

I just tested on my end and I can't reproduce it. After I change the playback from my iPhone to the Mac while my headphones are still on it just takes a couple of seconds before the headphones don't output sound and output is fully switched to macOS.

Then I turned my headphones off normally and music continued playing in macOS.

Let me know how that goes.

LoxerRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS