Regular
Very true.

Re: Burn To CD

Hayden69ers
Regular
Very true.

bartoldenhof

I understand what you mean but refering to a cd as nondigital is really not acurate. The cd was the very medium that moved audio from analog to digital.

Dbs28
Er CD is digital, this is restrictive licensing, Spotify is handy but call a spade a spade with Spotify you own nothing :)

karenbtownmama

The world is going digital..but many prefer the cd over using data and battery usage on their phones.

dannel
Casual Listener

Some people just might not be readily equipped and like burning CDs. Don't need your smartass comments.

dannel
Casual Listener

Amen Marlarkey, if this is the case spotify, don't need me. My wife and I are both 72 yrs old and SOLEY into 50s, 60s pop rock and old country music. My wife and I are jitterbuggers and we like to carry around our CDs.  Too old to get into this mod equipment and smart enough not to spend our money on it.  There's a way to to pull off these spotify playlists with a 3rd party and then they can be burned to a cd. I'll figure it out. I just joined spotify premium 3 days ago and will be less than 3 more days getting out of here if I can't find some method to burn cds. Don't need this **bleep**;  we just wanna do what we're good at and that's burning CDs and jitterbug dancing.

dannel
Casual Listener

Amen to that. What all this boils down to is spotify & a few others exist to allow downloading of playlists for which you pay $10 monthly.  It's being said all over these posts that spotify don't have a burn button because you could burn thousands of tracks in a month and walk away. Well, we can still do that by importing these playlists with a 3rd party and use other's burn buttons as I did before I came here. It's widely said, also in these posts that it just wouldn't be fair to allow direct burning but by golly, it's ok by spotify and a few others for DJs all over the world to take these playlists to their paid events even though it's illegal. This is basically why Google and others just don't bother getting into the legalities of it. I realized when I 1st came here that spotify wasn't exactly up and up. They reworded it, but what they are saying is:  "Come on over with us, it's FREE, but if you don't go premium, we're gonna throw verbal ads all over your sound tracks to make them unusable. What the **bleep** is that all about? Forget having a useless version and a premium version, just say we charge $10 a month, period.and you can eliminate all those that will become dissatisfied with a so called FREE version." After 72 years on this earth, one learns to see right through corrupt people's brains (limited of course to those that have them)  Whew, got that off my chest. Counter if you like, but hurry, I'm soon leaving.

BDEye
Casual Listener

And that is why I won't go premium.

SUGGESTED POSTS