Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CANT SORT BY RECENTLY ADDED WITH NEW UI

Solved!

CANT SORT BY RECENTLY ADDED WITH NEW UI

I've always sorted by recently added so the newer songs will be at the top of the playlist but with the new ui it seems to have reset, any help I can get?

Plan

Premium

Country

Colombia

Device

Macbook pro m1 chip

Operating System

Big Sur

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jacobbornhoft, thanks for your post! You should still be able to sort your playlists so the most recent songs show up at the top. I find the simplest way is to click the "date added" text at the top of that column. You should see a green arrow next to it after doing so, and the songs will be sorted from oldest to newest. Just click "date added" once more, and then the newest songs will be at the top.

Alternatively, you can find a dropdown menu towards the top right of the playlist that shows the current sort order, and you can change it from there as well. That said, if you choose "date added" from there, you'll still need to click the column header once to get it to sort from newest to oldest.

Hope that helps, but please let us know if you're still having trouble!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

yeah nevermind i had a podcast in the playlist and it messed it up, idk why you can’t sort by date added if there’s a podcast in but all i needed to do was remove it

Marked as solution

Hey there @disable_browse,

Thanks for reaching out about this here on the Community. We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

There's no need to disable the Collaborative playlist feature in order to sort your songs by recently added. If you can't see the DATE ADDED column, then you probably have the app open in a downsized window. You can either make it bigger / maximize it until the column shows up or try zooming out (3-dot menu > View > Zoom Out) if you prefer to keep the size of the window.

2021-04-09.png

In case this doesn't work for you, we'd recommend following the steps here for a clean reinstall to be sure that you have the latest version.

If you want to learn more about the New Desktop App, we recommend checking out the FAQ here.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on and give us a shout if there's anything else you need a hand with 🙂

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

18 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @jacobbornhoft, thanks for your post! You should still be able to sort your playlists so the most recent songs show up at the top. I find the simplest way is to click the "date added" text at the top of that column. You should see a green arrow next to it after doing so, and the songs will be sorted from oldest to newest. Just click "date added" once more, and then the newest songs will be at the top.

Alternatively, you can find a dropdown menu towards the top right of the playlist that shows the current sort order, and you can change it from there as well. That said, if you choose "date added" from there, you'll still need to click the column header once to get it to sort from newest to oldest.

Hope that helps, but please let us know if you're still having trouble!

dinomightSpotify Star

@dinomight all my playlists have this option but not the one i use the most, it just says "date released" instead of date added, any way to fix this?

Hmm, I can't find any playlists with that option. Is this one that you created or is it one that you follow that was created by someone else, such as Spotify? Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot and/or a link to the playlist just so I could make sure I'm seeing the same thing?

dinomightSpotify Star
Marked as solution

yeah nevermind i had a podcast in the playlist and it messed it up, idk why you can’t sort by date added if there’s a podcast in but all i needed to do was remove it

No problem, that's great info to have about the podcast episodes' effect on playlists, and I'm glad you were able to get your playlist working right again! 

dinomightSpotify Star

Worked!

Note, had to disable collaboration playlist for this to work.

Thank you.

Interesting about the issue with the collaborative playlist! Thanks for the information, and I'm glad the sorting is working for you now at least. 

dinomightSpotify Star

Why do I have to search the Spotify user forums every time the UI is updated? I had to infer that the Collaborative playlist function disabled sorting by Date Added. A really poor user experience continues...

Marked as solution

Hey there @disable_browse,

Thanks for reaching out about this here on the Community. We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

There's no need to disable the Collaborative playlist feature in order to sort your songs by recently added. If you can't see the DATE ADDED column, then you probably have the app open in a downsized window. You can either make it bigger / maximize it until the column shows up or try zooming out (3-dot menu > View > Zoom Out) if you prefer to keep the size of the window.

2021-04-09.png

In case this doesn't work for you, we'd recommend following the steps here for a clean reinstall to be sure that you have the latest version.

If you want to learn more about the New Desktop App, we recommend checking out the FAQ here.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on and give us a shout if there's anything else you need a hand with 🙂

XeniaModerator

agree agree agree! Why would this functionality even be limited? So not intuitive, and not customer-focused.

Hi there @bekahvee,

Thanks for your post on this thread.

As @Xenia mentioned before, you can still sort by date added by clicking on the text Date Added, even in collaborative playlists. If you don't see the column, you just need to make the app window bigger or maximize it. 

You can find more info about the New Desktop app in this thread. You're also welcome to leave your comments and feedback there, as it helps us improve the app and the overall experience.

If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Add the same issue. The only way to get the 'Date Added" column was by "zooming out" or to hide the "friend activity ticker". This seems kind of weird since my laptop is a classic 13' MacBook Pro... kind of a well represented screen size.

Thank you for the explanation about sorting by date added on shared playlists.
This is, however, probably the most unintuitive thing I encountered in an app for a long time. How on earth are you supposed to know that downsizing the font size will result in missing columns magically reappear?
I was looking in the view menu for adding columns but would have never thought, that I have to "zoom out" to see more coloumns.

Thanks for the help, though.

Hey @toooooooooooom,

Thanks for the reply.

We'd recommend sharing your feedback in the tread CarlosE mentioned. The info from there is being directly passed on to the devs working on making the Desktop experience more user friendly and convenient.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank you!! I finally figured out how to get the "Date added". I hid the friend activity column 🙂

Hey @hapotty

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

We're glad to hear that you were able to sort this out. 

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I cannot believe that you cannot change orders of a song when your playlist is set to recently added! How ridiculous! You can only do this when its set on custom. Which completely changes orders of song and not the order you added them. How rubbish. I have it on recently added but sometimes i remember a old song and want to add to playlist but want it to be at the end, but this isnt possible. 
Paying for this and what rubbish service!

THIS!!!

Suggested posts