Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CPU Usage

CPU Usage

Using Macbook Pro 2019 which is recently bought and every time I'm using Spotify, it is hot and fan is screaming at me. I've checked activity monitor and CPU usage is always at 100%. I've reinstalled Spotify and still the same issue.

Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 12.11.09.png

11 Replies

Since today, I have the same problem. I have a MacBook Air and my computer usage is on 100%. I tried to reinstall the app, this is not working. Also trying to use the private session or enabling the hardware acceleration can not fix the problem.

I've been having the same recently. I thought it might have been something else, but then realised the Spotify app pinned at around 100% in activity monitor when it was first opened and for the duration of it being open, even without music being played. I've tried reinstalling multiple times with no success.

Same here: MacBook Air, brand new. CPU-usage near 100%, fan is screaming continuously. Clean install doesn't help.

same here: MacBook Pro 16 clean install doesn't help too

Support keeps closing issues like this as “duplicates” and reference other other closed issues that didn’t solve the problem.

Yes, same issue here ever since the last update. My music won't even be playing but the fans are going crazy I'm having to force quit the app in order to cool down my Mac 

Same here, Macbook Pro 2019. It gets boiling hot and the fan goes crazy and the CPU spikes up. I've reinstalled it as well but it's still the same.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience so far.

We created an Ongoing Issue regarding what you reported. You’ll find it here.

It’d be great if you’d add your +VOTE as well as the required info in a comment and if you’d subscribe so as to receive all the relevant updates. 

We’ll keep you posted and stay available to help with anything else as well!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Mario, where exactly do you want us to send the information? To an email address? If so, please provide it. 

Edit: Whoops! I'll leave a comment! Thanks

Hey @elkmann90,

Thanks for replying and providing the required info in the Ongoing Issue thread 🙂

Everyone else who posted here but hasn't shared their Spotify version, would you mind doing so in the same Ongoing Issue thread?

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Done! 

I'll put the version here too, just in case. 

1.1.36.734.g8731c306

Suggested posts