Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Caching "Songs" List on Mac

Solved!

Caching "Songs" List on Mac

I know its possible to cache the Songs list in the iOS version of Spotify with a premium subscription, but is the same possible for the desktop versions? I know you could just copy and paste everything into a playlist and make that available offline, but it doesn't update the music you add automatically. I attached an image of where you can enable it in the app (sorry it's in Spanish, "Disponible en Modo Offline" means Available in Offline Mode for those not savvy in the language) and I can't seem to find any equivalent in the Mac app.

IMG_3399.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That is currently not possible.

As a workaround you can add the songs to a playlist, and then download that playlist.

Add a kudo to the idea to show your support:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Ability-to-make-quot-Your-Music-quot-offline/idi-p/73...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

In the Mac app:

1. With an active Internet connection, select a playlist.
  2. Click Available Offline at the top right of the playlist.
    Available offline slider
  3. A green arrow appears next to the playlist when it’s done downloading.
    Playlist available offline icon
MattSudaSpotify Star

I'm not trying to cache a playlist though, I'm trying to cache the actual "Songs" list under My Music and I'm not sure  if thats an actual feature that's available on the desktop app. I can find the "Available Offline" button in playlists but I don't see the same option in the "Songs" list.

Marked as solution

That is currently not possible.

As a workaround you can add the songs to a playlist, and then download that playlist.

Add a kudo to the idea to show your support:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Ability-to-make-quot-Your-Music-quot-offline/idi-p/73...

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts