Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can i use the previous Interface on my mac or customize the current one?

Can i use the previous Interface on my mac or customize the current one?

Plan

Premium

EUROPE

Device

(iPhone, Macbook)

My Question or Issue

Hello, today I discovered the new Spotify interface on my computer and i am unable to use this service with ease now, this interface is an eyesore for me to use (It may be related to my ADHD though). I would like to know if it’s possible to customize or better, to download / find the previous interface for mac?
The main concerns that i encounter and that i hope can be modify/customize:

-My playlists are now poorly defined, unpleasant and confusing to read and use. It's no longer clear, demarcated lines for each song, but more of a clutter and confusing compact block feel, and the arrangement of the information is not optimal for me.

I wonder if i can customize back the interface of my playlists in the previous way :

Song name                                     Artist name                                      Added date

Song name                                     Artist name                                      Added date

rather than the new one:

IMAGE -SONG NAME                           Album name                                     Added Date
IMAGE -Artist's name
IMAGE -SG                                             Album name                                     Added Date
IMAGE -Artist’s name

Having an illustration of the album cover next to the song’s name is even more confusing.
Too many colors are saturated informations, seem difficult to read and less intuitive. I would like to find a cleaner/uncluttered (unsure about this english term, my bad) and quieter interface. I think i could get used to the presence of the illustration if at least the line that corresponds to it was clearer (all the information in one line, no overlap as seen above). Also i rather have the artist name in the center of my screen than the album name, i hope i can change that? Generally speaking, i’m afraid the interface lacks the possibility of customization (unless i ignore it, and how to process that's why I'm writing this topic).

Finally the choice of removed the permanent search bar…. That's not what trouble me the most, but it's too bad, you have to make more clicks, it's placed on the far right, seem slower and less easier to use.

I understand that this interface may be more suitable for others, and i’m happy for those users who are comfortable with it, but i need to know if
it’s possible to personalize these aspects which causes me problem? Or better, to download / recover a previous interface version on my computer?

Thank you for your attention, please excuse my English.

1 Reply

Hey @Wenadriv28, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that your experience with the New Desktop app hasn't been as expected. I encourage you to head to this thread and leave your feedback there. This is being monitored by the right teams as Spotify really values your feedback and it is important for Spotify to keep improving the app and the overall experience.

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts