Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Add songs from iTunes anymore

Solved!

Can't Add songs from iTunes anymore

In the past I have been able to drap and drop songs from my iTunes that aren't on Spotify into playlists and they play as local files. Recently, though, I haven't been able to add any of my local files! Both iTunes and Spotify are fully up to date. Can anyone help?!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This feature is not in the new version.
Spotify plans to bring some features back, but it is currently not known if the feature you mentioned will be coming back.

You can still add local files to Spotify. Go into the settings and under "Local Files" you can import the source folder that contains the local files.

After you do that, the local files will appear in the "Local Files" section.

Find the song and then drag it over to a playlist.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

This feature is not in the new version.
Spotify plans to bring some features back, but it is currently not known if the feature you mentioned will be coming back.

You can still add local files to Spotify. Go into the settings and under "Local Files" you can import the source folder that contains the local files.

After you do that, the local files will appear in the "Local Files" section.

Find the song and then drag it over to a playlist.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is not true Matt. Not all files from iTunes can be imported into Local Files. I have yet to find a reason why. Since the drag and drop feature has been removed, I have been unable to add many tracks to Spotify via Local Files. (An example, a remix from artist Alesso Titled Cool (CRNKN Remix) to add to my Spotify dance track playlists). I find this lost feature so completely unfortunate and fear Spotify quickly becoming just another corporate beast/unuserfriendly.

Thank you! I've been trying to figure this out for MONTHS!!  🙂

Found an easier way.

Create a playlist in itunes with songs you want to bring across.

Go to spotify click import itunes.

You will see at the top a folder called itunes with all your playlists. Drag the required playlist down into a newly created playlist in spotfy. BAM, music from itunes into spotify. If you just want one song just put 1 song in the playlist. remeber to make them available off line if you want listen to them when away from wifi.

Go back and delete the newly imported itunes folder.

Your favourite songs are still in spotify.

PS the problem with local files is it is no good for when you are on your mobile, 

See my answer below, hope it helps.

Suggested posts