Plan

Premium Duo

Portugal

Device

MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)

Operating System

macOS Monterey

My Question or Issue

I've been unable lately to like any songs on spotify. I can still do any other interactions, but when I click on the heart to like a song, a red snackbar is displayed saying "Something went wrong". I already tried reinstalling, restarting the mac and logging out and back in. What else can I do? On other devices it works fine, it's just a mac problem it seems.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Guima1!

Does it matter where you attempt to like a song from? For example, do you experience the same behavior when you attempt to like a song directly from the artist page and from one of your playlists? Are you able to like songs on other devices or on the Web Player?

You can try deleting the prefs file by following the steps below to see if that does the trick. If you use VPN, try disabling it temporarily as well:

1. Open Finder on your Mac and click Go > Library (if you don't have hidden folders enabled, press the option key first and it should appear).
  2. Go to Application Support > Spotify.
  3. There you'll find a file called prefs, which holds info about the currently logged in account. Simply delete it.
  4. While in the Spotify folder, you'll also find a Users folder. Open it and delete its contents as well.
  5. Restart the Spotify app.

Note that you'll be logged out and your settings will be reset, so you'll have to adjust them again. If you had music downloaded for offline listening, you'll have to re-download it as well. Your library, however, will not be affected, so no worries there.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Guima1!

Does it matter where you attempt to like a song from? For example, do you experience the same behavior when you attempt to like a song directly from the artist page and from one of your playlists? Are you able to like songs on other devices or on the Web Player?

You can try deleting the prefs file by following the steps below to see if that does the trick. If you use VPN, try disabling it temporarily as well:

1. Open Finder on your Mac and click Go > Library (if you don't have hidden folders enabled, press the option key first and it should appear).
  2. Go to Application Support > Spotify.
  3. There you'll find a file called prefs, which holds info about the currently logged in account. Simply delete it.
  4. While in the Spotify folder, you'll also find a Users folder. Open it and delete its contents as well.
  5. Restart the Spotify app.

Note that you'll be logged out and your settings will be reset, so you'll have to adjust them again. If you had music downloaded for offline listening, you'll have to re-download it as well. Your library, however, will not be affected, so no worries there.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, happens anywhere in the desktop app but not in the webplayer.

I followed your instructions but it didn't work. 

Okay it worked, but I had to delete ALL of the content inside the Spotify folder you mentioned. Thanks either way!

Suggested posts