Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Play Songs from Albums

Can't Play Songs from Albums

I have spotify premium. Starting just today, I can no longer play songs on albums. If I look up an artist, select an album, hit play, it won't play the album or the individual songs. However, if I search for the song individually and hit play (not from the album view) it plays fine. Songs from playlists and radios also play fine. They just won't play from albums, and that's the main way I explore new music.

10 Replies

Same issue here. Songs not playing when starting them from albums. The same songs start normally from the search results. They also start when adding the same album as a playlist.

The issue seems to have started within the last few hours, since I could play an album (spotify:album:1lT54tvrqvdcvmu8tiPU9e) earlier today. Now I cannot play that one or any other album, it seems.

I have already tried a clean reinstall. I have also tried with and without hardware acceleration.

This issue is with Spotify Premium on Windows 10. No issues on my Android phone.

I'm having the same problem (Windows 10). It started right after I updated the app. Clean re-install did nothing to solve the issue.

Same problem here. Cant play any songs from albums in the webplayer. Tried firefox and chrome and both dont work.

Same problem here. Songs play ok from a playlist but can't do anything when I go to the album. Hardware acceleration enabled/disabled makes no difference.

Me too.  I can still play albums on my Android.

Can you try restarting the application once or twice and see if the problem goes away?

I have the same problem, also shows a gray checkmark next to songs when I'm playing them that I haven't added now instead of a "+"...

I've restarted a couple of times and in the overview I've changed the view from the one with album covers only to the one which lists the album tracks and back again. I can now play songs from albums.

Thanks. I tried both restarting the computer and uninstalling/reenstalling Spotify, and neither resolved the issue.

Update:  I left it alone for a couple of hours, when I came back it's playing in album view fine now.  (shrugs)

Suggested posts