Can't Sort From Newest to Oldest + Can't see Who Added What

Can't Sort From Newest to Oldest + Can't see Who Added What

Plan

Premium

US

Device

MacBook Pro

My Question or Issue

1. I cannot sort my playlist from latest to oldest anymore on the updated desktop version which is a complete downgrade (it has the functionality of the mobile app). 

2. I cannot see who added what songs on a collaborative playlist. 

Advice to devs:

Stop fixing what's not broken.

5 Replies

Hey there @raizelyu

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily. 

We suggest you check this help article for more info about test features.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

So, is there a way I can sort from latest to oldest in terms of songs added to a playlist? Because that's how I listen to my songs and the newest "test" or "upgrade" or whatever does not allow me to do that. Attached is what the new update looks like - no functionality whatsoever.

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 1.42.55 PM.png

To me it seems that the desktop client is identical to the web version. Which is just horrible to use, but I have managed to get along with it, because I don't have to use it that often (mostly at my friend's house, where he is logged in to his desktop client and I'm playing my music via the web player to remove the back and forth logging in and out), but this is just unacceptable that the fine desktop client UI is taken so much backwards from it used to be! The only thing I'm happy with the current situation is that I updated only my work laptop's Spotify client, and haven't done it to my personal laptop yet - and not going to do so until it happens by itself.

Spotify please, PLEASE tell us that this latest update has been an error or just a test and that you will restore the previous UI to the desktop client!

Hey @Killinger and @raizelyu,

We understand where you're coming from and will make sure all your feedback reaches the right teams and our developers will take it into consideration when moving forward with updating the app.

If you'd like to see the sorting options return in the new desktop app version, we'd recommend you add your +VOTE to this idea. You might also want to up-vote the idea here, if you wish to be able to switch between the old and new desktop design.

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout if there's anything else we can help you with.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Xenia,

Could you please explain why Spotify on purpose would remove the possibility of sorting the songs in a playlist? I do understand that you sometime test experimental features. But removing basic functionality that basically breaks the product when it comes to enjoying playlist with 100+ songs must have been a small mistake from some of the developer teams? At least allow premium users the possibility to opt-out from experimental tests like these? I pay monthly to use this product and suddenly it is impossible on the Mac desktop app...

Suggested posts