Can't Sync Local Files with Iphone/Can't Save New Files to Library

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro mid 2012, iPhone 6s

My Question or Issue

I have two connected issues to report.  I've had local files for a while now, and had them synced up to my iPhone just fine using download (or "available offline" as sometimes referred) and a playlist.  However, upon adding a few new files to my selection, my phone wouldn't sync up to my computer and get the new files.

After undownloading and re-downloading the files on both laptop and iphone, now all my local files are gone from my phone, and in place for the playlist it shows the "Find Songs" button, having no songs synced in the playlist.

My second problem is that the same new files I added onto my laptop won't go onto my song library.  Before this I've been able to click on the plus sign option that pops up next to my local files once I've put them into a playlist.  Now however I can't do the same for these new files; the plus sign shows up but it doesn't do anything when I click on them, and the files don't get added to my song library with my other files and Spotify songs.

1 Reply

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

Try to turn off Local Files after you do that in Settings. Just move your local songs to another location then add it as a source in Spotify. All of them will now appear in Local Files folder in the left panel. Go to that folder and create a playlist with them. Wait for them to sync. Now make sure your phone and Mac are on the same network connected and that you don't have a firewall rule/proxy or VPN that may interfere.

Go to the Playlists section in Your Library and find the new created playlist. It should appear empty but just enable Download option by tapping on the … top right. 

Now just wait for it to finish and the songs should reappaer on your phone too.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Suggested posts