Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add device on Premium

Solved!

Can't add device on Premium

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Macbook Pro

My Question or Issue

I can't add my MacBook Pro to Spotify Premium. I already have Spotify Premium, for University Students. I currently have two offline-devices. Every time I want to add my MacBook Pro as an offline-device, I'm redirected to the page where I have to buy Spotify Premium again, even though I already have it. By the way, I'm connected to Spotify via my Facebook account. I'm happy to supply more information, if this isn't enough.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting back to us!

It sounds like you are logging into the wrong account. It's very easy to create an account with us so perhaps you created an extra one you don't know about. You can read on this page how to find additional accounts.

Another possibility is that your Premium has expired. So be sure to find out if you've been charged less than 30 days ago. Another thing: You can see in the email receipt you get at the start of a subscription, which username has been upgraded.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

That's odd. Can you please post the exact steps that you are doing so I can try to replicate the issue on my end?

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah, sure. I just do the following: 1) Open Spotify App on my MacBook Pro (I'm already logged into my account) 2) Click on "Upgrade to Premium" 3) I'm redirected to web page where I have to buy Premium even though I already have it. This confuses the sh*t outta me. Thanks for the reply btw!

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting back to us!

It sounds like you are logging into the wrong account. It's very easy to create an account with us so perhaps you created an extra one you don't know about. You can read on this page how to find additional accounts.

Another possibility is that your Premium has expired. So be sure to find out if you've been charged less than 30 days ago. Another thing: You can see in the email receipt you get at the start of a subscription, which username has been upgraded.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I checked again and turns out, I have multiple accounts. Your reply was dead-on.

Thank you!

Hey @user-removed.

That's great to hear! 🙂 

Let us know if you have any other questions, we're happy to help.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts