Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add songs to playlists on Mac until they're "loaded in"

Can't add songs to playlists on Mac until they're "loaded in"

Spotify Mac 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af

There seems to be an issue with loading the list of playlists. They all appear correctly straight away in the list on the left, but on the "Add to Playlist" menu when right clicking a track, the playlists only appear slowly one by one. I also can't drag-and-drop tracks onto the playlists on the left that haven't yet appeared in the right click menu (the playlist isn't highlighted and the song isn't added when dropping the track). Clicking a playlist to view it forces it to appear in the right click menu and then lets you add tracks both ways.

9 Replies

Hey @SnowLeppard, welcome to the Community!

How long has this issue been happening for? What OS are you running on your Mac? Did you notice this started happening after an app update? 

Lastly, what troubleshooting have you tried so far?

We'll see what we can suggest once we have this info.

@SergioDavid It's been happening for perhaps a week or two, I can't remember if it was straight after an update or not. I'm on macOS High Sierra 10.13.2.

Cheers!

Thanks for letting us know.

For now, try restarting the app. If it doesn't help, try logging out and back in a few times. Also, if possible, log into a different device with similar specs to see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

I'm seeing the exact same issue adding songs to playlists.  I've been using the phone app as a workaround for the past two weeks.  It's is a very annoying process but at least the phone shows all the playlists available.

Hey @OutlawYogi!

What device, operating system, and Spotify version is this happening on for you? Did it start happening after updating the app?

We'll see what we can suggest.

Hey @OutlawYogi!

Thanks for sending this info over.

Let's try reinstalling the Spotify app on the desktop to see if it helps. Also, does this happen with any playlist or only a selected few?

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

+1 for me too. I have 20ish playlists, but a week or two ago, they stopped showing in the contextual "Add to playlist" menu. If I leave it and come back later, it'll show a few more playlists each time, but it takes a long time. 

This happens with every song I attempt to add to my playlists. I've restarted both Spotify and my macbook many times over the last few weeks and it still happens each time. 

Running the latest version of Spotify on macOS 10.12.6

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 1.25.28 PM.png

Hey @jphogan, welcome to the Community!

Does this happen over an office or home network? Also, have you already tried the troubleshooting steps we suggested earlier in this thread?

Let us know.

Hi guys!

We're closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in a while. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

Take care 🙂

Suggested posts