Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't connect to device

Solved!

Can't connect to device

I've a soundbar made by LG in the living room,

It got an internal chromecast.

While using my Galaxy Note9 connected to the Wifi I can switch my spotify device from the phone to the soundbar and to my mac's desktop app.

However with my Mac's desktop app I can't see any device - none at all.

I'm connected to the wifi (same network) and since I'm able to change device from my Note9 to my Mac I know that I'm properly connected and set.

Suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @yan1v,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

It turns out that it's currently not possible to cast to your Chromecast via desktop.

There is, however, a popular idea for it in the Idea Exchange - make sure to add your vote to it here!

In the meantime, as a workaround, you should be able to cast through the Spotify web player in Chrome.

Hope that helps! We'll be here in case you have any questions 🙂

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hi there, Have you made sure your Spotify Application is updated to the Lastest Version. You can check this by clicking the downwards arrow next to your Profile Name and Picture. If there is a Blue dot there, it indicates you have an update. If you click on it, it will say 'Update Now'. Click that and hopefully, your problem should be fixed.

Thanks

So yes, there was an update

which I applied and spotify restared as part of the process.

However that didn't solved me issue.

Try Uninstalling and Re-installing the application 

So now I can see my note9 in the list and the osx desktop version

but still not the lg soundbar

Make sure that the hardware doesn't have a software update too

I'm on latest mojave release

It's even more strange now - after I reinstalled I was able to see at least my note9 + "this computer" in the list.

Now its again empty

Please try all of the following steps:

If Spotify Connect isn’t working for you, please check the following:

• All devices' software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your devices' manufacturers for how to check and update the version software.
  • You’re rocking the latest version of Spotify.
  • Your speaker is on, and connected to the network (it may have a connection indicator light).
  • If this is the first time playing to the speaker from your device, make sure they're both on the same network. 
  • Your speaker is supported by Spotify. You can check this at Spotify Everywhere or with the device’s manufacturer.
  • You're not trying to play local files. These are not supported by Connect. 
  • @SpotifyStatus. We post here about any system issues.

If you’re still having trouble after those checks: 

• Restart the Spotify app. 
  • Close any other apps you’re not using.
  • Restart your devices. 
  • Restart your WiFi. 
  • If possible, try a different WiFi connection on the device you're playing from (i.e. your mobile, tablet, or desktop). 

If the problem persists, you may need to perform further troubleshooting on your device or WiFi connection. Check out the support sites for the service provider / manufacturer for help. 

This is s till an issue,

can't cast from my Mac Book Pro desktop app

but I'm able to cast from my phone to other devices.

All devices on the same wifi network 😞

Marked as solution

Hey @yan1v,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

It turns out that it's currently not possible to cast to your Chromecast via desktop.

There is, however, a popular idea for it in the Idea Exchange - make sure to add your vote to it here!

In the meantime, as a workaround, you should be able to cast through the Spotify web player in Chrome.

Hope that helps! We'll be here in case you have any questions 🙂

My Spotify Connect was working until a couple days ago, and now it doesn't. I'm trying to connect via an iphone 13 pro max that I've had for almost a year. I've reinstalled and reset everything multiple times. It works from my wife's iphone, but not mine. The only difference I can see is her app version is older: 8.7.90.459 vs. 8.7.94.551 on mine. This suggest to me there is something in that update that broke it. Please fix it, at any rate.

Suggested posts