Can't create a radio station

2 people liked this

Re: Can't create a radio station

danjamin
Casual Listener

I only really use the radio function on Spotify. Been thinking about cancelling premium as I can just get the same thing at Last FM for free anyway. Thinking a lot more seriously about it now Spotify seem to be making it harder than ever to use the radio function. Also you seem to get a tiny amount of songs on Spotify radio before they start to repeat, unlike Last FM.

lauramcc
Casual Listener

As someone who is new to Spotify this is disappointing. Sorry to hear this :-( And there I was thinking I was missing something!

Highlighted
1 person liked this

TheLittleGina

Yeah it's gone for me too. The "Artist Radio" is also taking me to a playlist. I've lost the ability on mobile too. I'm on a Windows PC, Samsung Galaxy S9+ for mobile.

1 person liked this

03-ckyvl_ivh5
Casual Listener

That function has been removed. I have chatted with the technical support and they have answered this (in Spanish, it´s my language):

"Actualmente la función de Radio ha sido removida, por lo que al reproducir la opción de Ir a radio del artista, se crea automáticamente una playlists de aproximadamente 50 canciones de artistas similares. Sin embargo, podrás encontrar algunas estaciones de radio que has usado anteriormente en el panel izquierdo de la app en tu computadora, en la función Radio (justo bajo Inicio y Explorar)."

lauramcc
Casual Listener

Thank you for clearing this up!

1 person liked this

Combatting

Why is Spotify making things harder for themselves? One feature I actually liked as it introduced me to more artists that I didn't know about. The likes of the DnB, trance, rock and metal genres. Also, this new workaround only lists so many artists whereas before, you had plenty to go at once you've reached the bottom of the playlist.  

1 person liked this

therealjakeb
Casual Listener

Having the same issue across many devices.

SUGGESTED POSTS