Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't delete a playlist

Solved!

Can't delete a playlist

I'm using the free version of Spotify on my MacBook Pro, and for some reason, I can no longer delete playlists. I go into the playlist, click on the (...) button under the playlist title, and click "delete" from the drop down menu. Nothing happens. This is the case for every playlist I have tried to delete. In the past, I had no problem deleting playlists. This started a few weeks ago. Please help!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all,

Are you able to delete the playlists when you right-click on the list in the left side bar and choose Delete from there?

You could also try deleting it by opening it and clicking the Delete-key on the keyboard.

If that doesn't help, let me know if you get any message when they click delete or just nothing happens and if this is happening on the web player was well. (You can send screenshots too making sure you hide sensitive info when posting to the Community).

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Tried deleting my playlist via Spotify web player. Worked for me.
https://open.spotify.com/

View solution in original post

36 Replies

Hey @1277175017, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Let's see what's going on exactly.

Can you let me know what MacBook Pro model you have exactly? If you're not sure, use this guide from Apple. You can also go to  Menu > About This Mac.

Also, can you try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app following the steps provided in this Spotify Answer? Additionally, make sure that your software is up to date (latest is macOS 10.15.4).

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I have the same problem.  10.15.4 Mac Desktop Catalina. A playlist won't delete. 

Hey @arno44d,

Thanks for your report. Can you also follow the steps I provided in my last reply? 

Billy-JSpotify Star

I deleted and reinstalled the Spotify app.

And I still cannot delete the playlists. Any playlists.

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 8.38.03 AM.png
Marked as solution

Hey all,

Are you able to delete the playlists when you right-click on the list in the left side bar and choose Delete from there?

You could also try deleting it by opening it and clicking the Delete-key on the keyboard.

If that doesn't help, let me know if you get any message when they click delete or just nothing happens and if this is happening on the web player was well. (You can send screenshots too making sure you hide sensitive info when posting to the Community).

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star

None of these suggestions work. The playlist will not disappear.

@arno44d,

Thanks for trying the steps I provided in my last reply. 

Do you get a message when they click delete or just nothing happens and if this is happening on the web player as well? (You can send screenshots too, making sure you hide sensitive info when posting to the Community).

Billy-JSpotify Star

I've followed all the steps too and still can't delete playlists. Is there any update with this bug?

This happened to me on my iPod. There was a playlist I never added called Kiss 5 - K Camp. There was no way to delete it. When I logged into the webplayer on chrom on my mac I was able to delete it there. Wierd, especially how a playlist was added without my consent!

THANK YOU! Clicking the delete key on my keyboard and from there confirming I meant to delete the playlist worked. Have been trying to delete my old playlists for months!

Marked as solution

Tried deleting my playlist via Spotify web player. Worked for me.
https://open.spotify.com/

I have deinstalled and reinstalled on OS 10.15.6. 
CAN NOT DELETE PLAYLISTS using any of the above details. This is really annoying. I have deleted playlists in the past. I have playlists that were inadvertently downloaded and I want them gone!

I'm not sure how this can still be a problem.

Hi man,

If you log into spotify on the web player and go to the place where your playlists are listed and right click on the playlist and click delete it should work for you.

Good Luck!

Thanks. That worked perfectly.

I can't delete playlists either.

I use right-click from the left list of playlists, select delete, and when the confirmation panel appears I hit delete. Nothing happens. I've tried numerous times over many days.

See my attached gif.

I'm on macOS Catalina (10.15.2), latest Chrome.

2020-09-23 14.45.31.gif

Hey there @SamSam123,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried performing a clean reinstall of the app yet? It differs from a normal reinstallation. You can check out the relevant steps here.

Also can you confirm to us that you can't delete playlists both from the app and from the Web player.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Thanks.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The gif was from the web app, using Chrome. The delete button does not work for me there. There is nothing to reinstall.

The delete button DOES work from the Spottify app.

Hi @SamSam123,

Thanks for the info.

Could you try logging out and back in the web player? If that doesn't work try using an incognito window or a different browser.

The delete button should be working through the Web player. Depending on your network speed, changes you do to your library might take a few minutes.

Let us know how it goes. 

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

has anyone figured out how to fix this because they wont delete off my phone either 

Suggested posts