Announcements

Can't delete a playlist

Highlighted

Can't delete a playlist

Visitor

I'm using the free version of Spotify on my MacBook Pro, and for some reason, I can no longer delete playlists. I go into the playlist, click on the (...) button under the playlist title, and click "delete" from the drop down menu. Nothing happens. This is the case for every playlist I have tried to delete. In the past, I had no problem deleting playlists. This started a few weeks ago. Please help!

Thanks!

20 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Can't delete a playlist

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @1277175017, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Let's see what's going on exactly.

Can you let me know what MacBook Pro model you have exactly? If you're not sure, use this guide from Apple. You can also go to  Menu > About This Mac.

Also, can you try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app following the steps provided in this Spotify Answer? Additionally, make sure that your software is up to date (latest is macOS 10.15.4).

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have the same problem.  10.15.4 Mac Desktop Catalina. A playlist won't delete. 

Highlighted

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @arno44d,

Thanks for your report. Can you also follow the steps I provided in my last reply? 

Billy-JRock Star 23
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I deleted and reinstalled the Spotify app.

And I still cannot delete the playlists. Any playlists.

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 8.38.03 AM.png
Highlighted

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey all,

Are you able to delete the playlists when you right-click on the list in the left side bar and choose Delete from there?

You could also try deleting it by opening it and clicking the Delete-key on the keyboard.

If that doesn't help, let me know if you get any message when they click delete or just nothing happens and if this is happening on the web player was well. (You can send screenshots too making sure you hide sensitive info when posting to the Community).

Keep me posted!

Billy-JRock Star 23
Highlighted

Casual Listener
None of these suggestions work. The playlist will not disappear.
Highlighted

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

@arno44d,

Thanks for trying the steps I provided in my last reply. 

Do you get a message when they click delete or just nothing happens and if this is happening on the web player as well? (You can send screenshots too, making sure you hide sensitive info when posting to the Community).

Billy-JRock Star 23
Highlighted

Visitor

I've followed all the steps too and still can't delete playlists. Is there any update with this bug?

Highlighted

Regular
This happened to me on my iPod. There was a playlist I never added called Kiss 5 - K Camp. There was no way to delete it. When I logged into the webplayer on chrom on my mac I was able to delete it there. Wierd, especially how a playlist was added without my consent!
SUGGESTED POSTS