Announcements

Can't delete a playlist

Highlighted

Re: Can't delete a playlist

Visitor

THANK YOU! Clicking the delete key on my keyboard and from there confirming I meant to delete the playlist worked. Have been trying to delete my old playlists for months!

Highlighted

Tried deleting my playlist via Spotify web player. Worked for me.
https://open.spotify.com/
Highlighted

Visitor

I have deinstalled and reinstalled on OS 10.15.6. 
CAN NOT DELETE PLAYLISTS using any of the above details. This is really annoying. I have deleted playlists in the past. I have playlists that were inadvertently downloaded and I want them gone!

I'm not sure how this can still be a problem.

Highlighted

Visitor

Hi man,

If you log into spotify on the web player and go to the place where your playlists are listed and right click on the playlist and click delete it should work for you.

Good Luck!

Highlighted

Visitor

Thanks. That worked perfectly.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I can't delete playlists either.

I use right-click from the left list of playlists, select delete, and when the confirmation panel appears I hit delete. Nothing happens. I've tried numerous times over many days.

See my attached gif.

I'm on macOS Catalina (10.15.2), latest Chrome.

2020-09-23 14.45.31.gif

Highlighted

Hey there @SamSam123,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried performing a clean reinstall of the app yet? It differs from a normal reinstallation. You can check out the relevant steps here.

Also can you confirm to us that you can't delete playlists both from the app and from the Web player.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Thanks.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
Highlighted

Casual Listener
The gif was from the web app, using Chrome. The delete button does not work for me there. There is nothing to reinstall.

The delete button DOES work from the Spottify app.
Highlighted

Hi @SamSam123,

Thanks for the info.

Could you try logging out and back in the web player? If that doesn't work try using an incognito window or a different browser.

The delete button should be working through the Web player. Depending on your network speed, changes you do to your library might take a few minutes.

Let us know how it goes. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
Highlighted

has anyone figured out how to fix this because they wont delete off my phone either 

SUGGESTED POSTS