Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't delete a playlist

Solved!

Can't delete a playlist

I'm using the free version of Spotify on my MacBook Pro, and for some reason, I can no longer delete playlists. I go into the playlist, click on the (...) button under the playlist title, and click "delete" from the drop down menu. Nothing happens. This is the case for every playlist I have tried to delete. In the past, I had no problem deleting playlists. This started a few weeks ago. Please help!

Thanks!

36 Replies

Hey there @cossette1234,

If you're still having difficulties deleting your playlists on the phone, we'd first off recommend clearing your cache and restarting the app. If that doesn't do the trick try a clean reinstall following the steps here.

In the meantime you can also consider using our web player to delete the playlists.

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions. 

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've tried doing the above but still, nothing happens and this playlist only appears on my desktop app and not on any other device.

I just wanna take out this playlist from my view on my desktop but it doesn't leave the recently played section when I haven't even played it in more than half a year.

I tried deleting all the songs in the playlist and then deleting the whole playlist itself but nothing seems to work.

please tell me where am I doing wrong and help me.

Hey @pzrqcxsm

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network to check if you experience the same. 

If it works with another connection, it’d be a good idea troubleshooting further the original one (for example, by restarting your router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well.

Keep us in the loop here. 

I am going through the same problem,what can I do to delete the playlist.Tried deleting it multiple times but it just does not work

Hey there @01xnsveeasi2qua,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, did you already try the suggestions mentioned above in this thread? Let us know what you've tried so far so we don't repeat anything and know where to start.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

tbh nothing worked. whatever ways they told, none of them worked.
the top playlists part doesn't change even after repeatedly playing songs
for other playlists for 3 weeks straight and the playlists shown on my "top
playlists" are not even the once I've played even a single time so idk how
that got there but I'm thinking of switching to some other app for
streaming songs, etc. bc spotify ain't**bleep** about this issue. same
goes to the top podcasts column.

Hey @pzrqcxsm,

Thanks for posting here.

It sounds like you might be experiencing this issue. We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix but we'd suggest that you keep your app up-to-date so you don't miss the latest improvements and fixes. You can also Subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

In case you can still see a deleted playlist in Your Library, let us know. We'll investigate this further.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

no need anymore tbh as i restored the playlist and made it into a playlist
i want since y'all methods weren't working neither were y'all doing any**bleep** for it so it's fixed for me as of now.

thanks for the concern.

the suggestions given is in no way helpful

Hey @01xnsveeasi2qua,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

Could you share with us which troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? That way we'll able to avoid any repeating steps.

Just to double-check- does this happen on one device or different devices?

Keep us in the loop. 

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

When this happened to me, the problem had been an element blocker. The extension blocked the GenericModal__overlay CSS class, which contains the confirmation window for deleting folders or playlists. I removed the class from the blocker's filter via its filter settings.

I hope this helps!

Screenshot 2021-12-14 16.04.35.png

Hi there @PhoeNixoli,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

It's really nice of you to share what worked with you with the rest of the Community 🙂

Have a great continued week.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It's already 2022 and there's no solution for this still? This is still happening now. I can't delete playlists.

me too... Every time i try to delete is says "somethign went wrong"

hello, im having the same problem, in a web player, chome, in a windows pc. i tried every single step and it doenst delete it. i would like to have a solution, something to fix the bug.

Hey @susie91,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

Could you try clearing cache and cookies from your browser to see if it makes any difference? You can also try opening the Web Player using another browser or from an incognito window.

If possible, could you try logging in to your account on a different device and check if you're able to remove the playlist from there?

Should the issue persist, let us know if you're getting any specific error messages when you're trying to remove the playlist.

Let us know how you get on.

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

A playlist that I used to follow was removed by its creator.
The playlist now has a black thumbnail and when click into it for content, it says it's empty.
When right click for more options to remove the playlist, there aren't any dropdown menu when right click.

Suggested posts