Can't load facebook friends activity in desktop app

Plan

Premium

Device

Mac Desktop

Operating System

High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G13035)

My Question or Issue

I have enabled the "process my facebook data" option in my account and the permissions for Spotify in Facebook are also active but I keep receiving the message "sorry, we couln't load friends to follow" when i click the "Find friends" button.

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 11.46.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 11.46.55 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Reseting didn't work, instead I removed the app from the list and logged in from the desktop app using facebook option, that worked!!! thanks

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @aldin9788,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

First off, do you mind trying a clean reinstall of the app on your Mac? Make sure to follow the steps listed in this Spotify Answer.

If that doesn't work, do you mind letting us know what happens if you try a different network connection?

If you're still having trouble, feel free to get back to us with a screenshot of the error you're getting and we'll take a closer look.

Thanks - keep us posted!

Thanks, tried both (clean reinstall and network switch) with same result. Here's te screenshot.

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 10.33.05 AM.png

I'm having the same problem.

Also, that solution didn't work for me either.

I think I just figured out the problem. If your friends' list is coming from Facebook, Spotify does "expire" on FB, you need to go to your FB account and reinitialize Spotify. After I did that I no longer got the pop-up that "friends' can't be found". 

IMG_1205.jpg
Marked as solution

Reseting didn't work, instead I removed the app from the list and logged in from the desktop app using facebook option, that worked!!! thanks

Suggested posts