Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in at all with Spotify info on my PC.

Can't log in at all with Spotify info on my PC.

Had an account through Facebook but got sick of Facebook and deleted my account.  Signed up for an account through Spotify with my email address but cannot log in to the program with that info.  It says it's incorrect but I can log in on the site with the same info all day on the site.

What am I doing wrong?  I've uninstalled/reinstalled thinking that may be the problem.  It's not leaving files/folders behind once removed, not seeing anything in the registry either.

Quite frustrating since I enjoy it!

12 Replies

From our database, seems that your account hasn't been logged into from the client yet. The username you should be using when logging in is "mattpetriello".
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you signing in using your Spotify username you picked when you registered (not your email address)?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've tried the username and I've tried the email address.  Neither one works.  It's almost immediate.

Do you get any error messages or just that your username or password is incorrect?

Peter

Peter

Just incorrect username/password.

You might want to try a password reset. Seems somewhat extreme, I know - but there might have been a typo that is now preventing you from logging into the application.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I finally downloaded the app to my Andoid phone and I can log in just fine.  Will try again on my home laptop later.

Glad its working on your phone 🙂

Peter

Peter

im having the same prob.it knows who i am but i cant get to music. it works on my cell. if you get yours ffixed couuld you tell me how ? namekid01 @gmail.com

thanks,

chris

When I try to login with my email on the program on the computer it says that my login or password is wrong. When I use my username it works fine. I assume it is a bug. I am using a windows 7 computer.

I have the same problem.

I log in on my phone just fine, log in on the browser, did a password reset and everything but the desktop application keeps telling me I have the wrong password/username. Error code 3.

Is this seriously still an issue...
I was going to switch from Google Music to Spotify but after this problem, and the fact it's years old I'm starting to reconsider...

I am unable to log into the PC app even tho the password works on Andoid and the web portal.

Suggested posts