Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in on desktop app - firewall blocking (error code 11)

Can't log in on desktop app - firewall blocking (error code 11)

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Macbook Air 2015

Operating System

MacOS Mojave

I'm getting an error that "A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally you could try changing the currently used proxy settings (error code 11)." 

I've already deleted the app and re-downloaded. I also tried changing the proxy settings to "no proxy." These are the only recent solutions I've been able to find and none of them are working for me.

3 Replies

Hey there @scenerylover

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We're currently aware of an issue causing the behavior you describe. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Does it matter that I'm getting a different error code? Also that I'm in the USA?

Hey there @scenerylover

Thanks for getting back to us.

The number included in the error code wouldn't matter that much. The important is that the error message is referring to a firewall issue. 

You can go ahead and give your vote under the Ongoing Issue without any worries.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Suggested posts