Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in to spotify on my mac. 2 issues

Can't log in to spotify on my mac. 2 issues

I can't log in to spotify on my mac.  If I try to log in directly usingmy username and password, the application just crashes (closes and goes away from my desktop) and if I try to log in via facebook my browser page opens and it just says  "Spotify desktop client communication failed."  I have tried deleting and reinstalling the application several times and keep getting the same issues. 

6 Replies

Hello and welcome to the community! 🙂

well have you tryed also the Beta version of spotify for desktop?

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Beta seems to work, thats great.  I do, however, still want to know why the regular version won't work since some features seem to be missing in beta.  I pay for a membership and I'd like to get the full benefits of the app if I'm paying money for it. Hopefully someone fixes this bug soon, or I'll be canceling my membership until it is resolved.  

yes thats nice to hear 🙂 I hope this bug will get fixed in the alpha as soon as possible 😉

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Has anyone fixed this problem?   I really want to use discover and radio features and can not on Beta.  I am still having all of the same problems with the regular software.  Can someone give me some options on how to fix this please?

Hello: You might have a read over this topic here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Mac-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/105281 ...and see if any of the tips help. Sounds like you might have to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of the app for Mac to clear up this issue.

Thank you for the suggestion Jay, however I have tried this several times.  The only thing different I did just now was restart my mac BEFORE downloading and reinstalling Spotify, however I am still having the issue 😕 

Suggested posts