Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play any music

Can't play any music

I'm using spotify on my windows10 Laptop and it can't play any music or find any music. I already tried to reinstall but it didn't help. The webPlayer finds and can show music but won't play anything either.

Plan

Free

Country

Germany

Device

Windows 10

5 Replies

Hello there @nic3z !

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return.
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop. 
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit.
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address.
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, remove them.
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

Ok, I'll try and let you know...

But the thing is, that the Webplayer doesn't play music either.

@nic3z 

Please check this Spotify answer for the web player.

But i can access my webplayer. It just doesn't play music....

Hey @nic3z.

The issue that's likely happening affects both the app and the web player. Have you tried following @Mantisentil instructions?

Let us know what the result is. Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts