Country

PL

Device

Macbook Pro late 2017

Operating System

Mojave 10.14.6

A jays m seven wireless phones from time to time

My Question or Issue

I'm using a lot of VPN app Cisco Any Connect to connect to work VPN and sometimes when I switching VPN on/off after e.g. disconnecting from VPN I get the status:

can't play current track

I have to quit the application and restart spotify. I'm able to play after that scenario.

Has anyone noticed that issue? I've seen some topic related to bluetooth however I'm not convinced it is the cause.

3 Replies

I have the same issue, MacBook Pro mid 2015 with Catalina (10.15.7).
It's super annoying as I have to switch VPN often - Spotify app won't play and has to be physically restarted to work again. Spotify team pleas look into this.

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

We don't recommend using a VPN with Spotify as that might affect the functions. 

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Ver and thanks for your quick reply.

In current reality of COVID-19 pandemic and remote work VPN is not something I can opt out of, it's a necessity.

If you do not see this as a bug, you should consider putting a warning in large red capital letters on the Spotify Premium subscription page "WARNING: DOES NOT WORK WITH VPN" so that people are not mislead that it will work. I see no such issues with any other apps I use, so it is Spotify.

Suggested posts