Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Macbook Pro late 2016

Operating System

macOs 10.14

My Question or Issue

The mac desktop app does not work for me any more. All I get is a "Can't play the current song".

I've tried the following without success:

1. Logout and login again

2. Reinstall the app, I'm now on the latest version (1.0.90.268.ga8a0ceb4)

3. I have turned off the internal firewall

4. I have tried the wifi on my phone

Regards

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a but repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Have you tried it with another Spotify account or network connection to see if that helps?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a but repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Have you tried it with another Spotify account or network connection to see if that helps?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I feel too ashamed to admit that it worked, but it did. Thanks 🙂

Regards

Really happy that you solved it! 🎉

If you need help with anything else don't hesitate to ask 😉

Suggested posts