Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play the current song.

Can't play the current song.

So, since yesterday I have been experiencing a annoying error. "Can't play the current song" text shows up constantly, sometimes even a couple of times during one song. The song stops for a few seconds, then it resumes.

I tried reinstalling Spotify client, but problem persists. Any other solutions?

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 14.31.22.png
11 Replies

Hi have the same problem. I use spotify client on iMac. I tried spotify web player and it seems to work. I cleared the cache and reinstalled spotify but the it doesn't solved the problem.

I also tried running Spotify on my phone, and connecting to my Mac to listen through it. Same problem.

the solution I found for now is to use the web player. It seems that on the palyer web spotify works. I also tried to download the songs locally on the Mac client but the download is very slow or does not even start. Everything worked until yesterday morning. I do not know what happened yesterday.

Unfortunatelly Web Player doesn't allow scrobbling to last.fm, which is quite important to me. 😕

also for me it is important last.fm.
I solved by starting the music from the mac client and then switching to the web player. It worked for me.

Schermata 2018-03-01 alle 15.23.11.png

Ciao!

It turns out that's a pretty common issue among users that have been logged for a long period of time. Is it cache? Nope, you just have to reach your account settings on Spotify, then remove all the apps which have access to your account (menu bar on the left > Apps) and disconnect from al the devices (menu bar on the left > Account summary > scroll down to "Disconnect everywhere").

Now you just have to connect again with your account credentials, (better don't use Facebook), and... Bob's your uncle!

Lemme know!

Emanuele

Ciao, this morning I had no problem yet. I hope the problem is solved by itself. Thanks for your help.

forget it. the issue is back. I will try your solution

Tried it, doesn't work.

I tried the guide but unfortunately it does not work. I really hope that spotify solves the problem as soon as possible. It is very annoying!

this morning I have not yet encountered problems with the spotify mac client. It seems that spotify has listened to our requests and has solved the problem. we'll see!

Suggested posts