Plan

Premium

Peru

Device

(Macbook Pro 2019)

Operating System

(iOS Catalina 10.15)

My Question or Issue

Hello, I am in mac, and I have this error several times, I would like to know why, I am listening to music, and when I stop being on my macbook, when I replay the song where I was, it does not sound and that message comes out, please If anyone knows it's very uncomfortable! thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 11.57.04 AM.png
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Can't play the current song

Hey there @Andree98,

Glad to have you on the Community. No worries, we're here to help!

clean reinstall is always a good choice to start with as this will remove any corrupted data and ensures you're on the most recent version of the app.

Once you have the new app installed, head to your Settings and turn off Enable hardware acceleration to see if this makes a difference.

If this doesn't do the trick you can try removing some host files that might be blocking the app. Head here to find out how.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
Highlighted

jorix

Clean reinstall doesn't help. Nor does disabling hardware acceleration (which disables the use of the GPU, not sure how this affects bluetooth...)

See other topic here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/quot-Can-t-play-the-current-song-quot-after-15min-pause...

Highlighted

Hi @jorix,

Thanks for pointing out that other thread. However, this is specifically for an issue with involving Bluetooth speakers.

We're currently looking into that and there is an Ongoing Issue where you can add your +VOTE. We also went ahead and moved the posts from the link you shared there, so that we have all the relevant info in one place.

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout if you have any other questions!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
SUGGESTED POSTS