When Spotify is active and in the foreground, quiting works fine.
When Spotify is hidden, or another application in in the foreground having focus I cannot quit Spotify.
When trying to quit using 'command + Q' when Spotify is not in the foreground:
- The Spotify window closes/dissapears
- If Spotify was playing, the track keeps playing.
- Spotify is still in the dock
- Spotify is still running as an application
- Right click the Spotify dock icon shows 'Quit' but this doesn't do anything
- Option + Right click the Spotify dock icon shows 'Force Quit'. This is the only way to actually quit it.
Tried to fix:
- Removed Spotify and all Library files and folders (Application Support, Caches etc.).
- Reinstall Spotify
This doesn't happen on my MacBook Pro Retina 2012.
This does happen on my new MacBook Pro 2016 with Touch Bar.
Both are running Spotify (126.96.36.199.g19de0aa6)
Any idea what might cause this and how to fix this?
Solved! Go to Solution.