Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't remove a playlist cover?

Solved!

Can't remove a playlist cover?

I'm in the US, and I have Spotify premium.

I'm trying to edit my playlist covers from one of my public playlists from my MacBook air, and I decided I didn't like one of the covers I chose and wanted to go back to the original four-album cover display, but there does not seem to be an option to remove the playlist cover. It only tells me I can replace it with something else. Am I missing something or is it not possible to return to the original four album covers after you've already changed it?

Screenshot 2020-05-05 17.18.10.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I actually figured it out, it gave me the option to remove the photo after 24 hours.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Hey there @raincake,

Could you take a full screenshot of your Spotify app at all? Spotify are currently running multiple tests and it can help me quickly identify whether that could be cause this! 🙂

Look forward to hearing from you,

Marked as solution

I actually figured it out, it gave me the option to remove the photo after 24 hours.

Thanks!

Ace, if you need anything let us know!
Keep well.

hi, i have the same issue how did you fix this??

Hi there @gc7dw3h68hacyiw,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

You should be able to remove the cover by clicking on the playlist image > 3-dot menu > Remove photo. If that option isn't appearing, try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in.

If the issue persists, could you try doing so from a different device to see how it goes?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

hello, i’m having this issue also. i want to change my images back to the default as i really dislike them now. i’ve been trying to change it for weeks now, logging out , restarting my device and etc. but having no luck with it. i don’t have another device to log into my spotify on. please help me as i would love to be able to have my playlist covers as the default again , thankyou 🙂 

Hey there @kathrynragbir,

Thanks for the post!

You can always try to remove the Cover image from the web player

On the Desktop app it might take some time after you apply the change for it to be synced with the servers and become visible.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hey, i’m not on desktop so i’m unsure on why it was coming up that i was on desktop so i’m unable to use web player as i’m only on iphone. i’ve tried to changing them on the iphone app but it only shows for me and not for public, this has been the same for weeks. is there anyway else i could resolve this issue on my iphone please? many thanks

Hey @kathrynragbir,

Thanks for the reply.

I assumed you're using a computer since that's the OP issue.

You can try to run a clean reinstall of the app, exactly as described here.

Also, try connecting to another network and see if the artwork updates.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

I just ran a clean reinstall following all the steps. logged out and logged back in and i’m still experiencing the same issue when i tried to change them again.
what should i try now?

Hey there @kathrynragbir,

Thanks for the reply.

Did you also try connecting to another network and changing the image?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

i’ve tried on 4g and on wifi and now it’s not even letting me click the the remove current image button.
what should i try next?

Hey @kathrynragbir,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you upload a screenshot of how the Edit Playlist menu looks on your end, as well as your Spotify app version and device + OS version?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

B001B766-021F-4906-9088-A1AA4B9BC0BD.png

57921E6A-DBAD-4F75-AA0B-244EAF513E02.png

0B75DDDD-9B80-4934-8246-2C554AB3AE78.jpeg

Hi there @kathrynragbir

Thanks for the screenshots you've sent. 

Just to make sure, is the image you're showing on the screenshot the one you've chosen or the default one? 

Also, could you send us the link of the playlist so we can take a closer look? 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

i want to change all my playlist photos to the default one. on my personal playlists they show to me as the defaults which i want but when viewing from my profile they show as the previous the images (the white and black). just for clarification the “😝” was created last night so i’m not talking about that playlist but all other my other ones i want the default compared to the previous image.

here’s a photo to show you what i mean by the difference.

603C11C9-D998-4FE9-8FDC-FA27D094EC8D.png

48C2B5DD-4FE8-43FB-88DD-292AECA3B3D0.png

here is the link to my playlist “throwbacks” so you can take a closer look: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3coehHbCYFkeccqSRLsHvJ?si=0LUz3LuGTrCQ1JV8sCfxEg&dl_branch=1

Hi @kathrynragbir,

Thanks for the info you've sent. 

If you have been trying to make those changes multiple times, we'd recommend not editing them for 48 hours in order for all previous changes to properly sync up with our servers.

If the issue persists after that, we suggest that you try again on a different device to check if the issue is device-related. 

Keep us in the loop.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts