Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't see album cover while playing

Can't see album cover while playing

Since a while - slightly less than a month - the desktop version for macOS won't let me see the cover of the album I'm currently listening, nor big or small. 

Starting over the app won't work, downloading a new version either.

What can I do?

The device is a Macbook Air, late 2015, operating with MacOS Catalina 10.15.2.

Schermata 2020-02-01 alle 17.56.23.png
4 Replies

Try resizing the left sidepane. Maybe that’ll help. 

Same happened to me after an update. No album cover, and I have no alternative way to click into the current playlist/album I'm listening to, unless it's just a few steps back in the browsing history. Play queue/history doesn't suffice for me here.

I've checked settings and menus to see if it had been deactivated somewhere, but couldn't find anything. Would love to get a path to current playlist/album being listened to.

Catalina 10.15.2
Macbook Pro 15" from 2017.

Same thing is happening to mine. There isn’t an option to resize the left bar to bring up the album cover, only the song title is showing and right above that is the option to create a new playlist. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and am still experiencing the same issues. I am currently using a MacBook Pro and I have version 1.1.38.558.g4b100958, is this a bug? 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. No worries. Help is on the way.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far and ask you to perform one more clean reinstall using the steps here, they are more thorough. If that doesn't fix thing, it's a good idea to also check your host file for Spotify entries. For Windows the steps can be found here and for Mac bellow:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return

2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop

3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 

4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address

5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts