Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't select multiple songs to add to playlist!

Solved!

Can't select multiple songs to add to playlist!

I am unable to select multiple songs so that I can add them to a playlist. From within a playlist, the multi-select works but when I'm on an artist or album page, I hit cmnd+a (on a Mac) and nothing happens. I even go to the top menu bar and hit "select all" under "Edit" and still nothing happens. This is frustrating! I am not individually right clicking songs to add them to a playlist - what a pain.

Someone help please!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Instead, select the first track, hold shift and then select the last track. Then you will select all of them.

SpotCommander - The most elegant, intuitive, feature-rich & universal remote control for Spotify, exclusive for Linux users!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Instead, select the first track, hold shift and then select the last track. Then you will select all of them.

SpotCommander - The most elegant, intuitive, feature-rich & universal remote control for Spotify, exclusive for Linux users!

[edit] Restarted Spotify and that works! Thank you!

Hello, is there a reason why this no longer works in playlists? Has anyone else had this issue?

None of these work for me...  (on mac, in firefox)

create the playlist so it shows up on the left, then go to the songs, select them all, and drag them into the playlist in the playlist folder on the left! hope that works for you, it just worked for me!

How do you select all songs? With which key combination or how I can do it?

Thanks for everybody's hints here.  I am using 1.0.15 in Windows XP and Vista.

Select all tracks
* Ctrl-A sometimes works to select all tracks.  

If that does not work, then please try the following.
* Repeatedly press the EndKey on your keyboard to go to the end of the list.  

* Click the TrackTitle of the LastTrack of the list to highlight it.  

* Then use the "hidden" BlackOnBlack slider (I laugh) at the very right of your screen to slide to the very top of the list.  

* Now PressDown and hold the Shift key on the keyboard.

* And LeftClick the first TrackTitle on the list.

Spoiler
Don't let the "Latest Release" on the screen make you think it is a TrackTitle.  (I laugh; it is a video game with everything useful hidden from you; so we have to laugh, right?)

*  If you are lucky in all things, the tracks on the screen will be highlighted!  Then you can RightClick in the highlighted area and select "Add to playlist", NewPlaylist to copy the highlighted tracks to a playlist where Ctrl-A works.  Does it still work?  (laughing; you know why!)

The following sometimes work, such as in playlists
* [Hold down the Shift key, HomeKey on the keyboard] sometimes highlights all tracks up to the first track, starting from a track in the middle of the list.
* [Hold down the Shift key, EndKey on the keyboard] sometimes highlights all tracks down to the last track.

Nothing for WebPlayer-- Firefox and Chrome
* As far as I can see, the WebPlayer in FireFox and Chrome does not allow you to highlight even Two tracks let alone All tracks!-- And not even in the History tab of the Queue!  (laughing)  Did anybody find the "legendary" History tab of the WebPlayer?  Did anybody find a DeBug procedure to make WebPlayer work right to SelectAllTracks?  Sorry, @r__x.

Does something in there work for you, @jucapira98?

Suggested posts