Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't share playlist with another spotify user

Solved!

Can't share playlist with another spotify user

I have a Facebook-connected premium Spotify account that I am letting my boyfriend use on his device. Since we can't both use it at the same time, I started another premium account just for my use. This second account is not connected to a FB account, since my first one already is. I'd like to share the playlists from my Facebook-connected account to my new, non-FB connected account, but every time I try to type in my new username (jennifermascia1122) from my old account so I can send my playlists to the new account, it won't let me. Maybe because it's not Facebook-connected? How can I share my playlists with my new account? It's not possible for me to set the second account up with Facebook because I don't have another FB profile.

HELP!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you log into your old account, then click the link below:

jennifermascia1122

That will open your old "profile" in the client, then hit the "Follow" button. Once you have done that, you will be able to send playlists from your old account to the new one using the username "jennifermascia1122".

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Login using your using old username rrhomberg and make all of your playlists public (right click on the playlist names > Make Public (if it says make secret its already public)). Then login using your new username and in the search box enter:

spotify:user:rrhomberg

You should be able to see your old profile with all of its playlists you can then follow. 

Peter

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Marked as solution

If you log into your old account, then click the link below:

jennifermascia1122

That will open your old "profile" in the client, then hit the "Follow" button. Once you have done that, you will be able to send playlists from your old account to the new one using the username "jennifermascia1122".

Peter

Peter

BLESS YOU. You just saved my musical life. 🙂

I have the same circumstance...how can I share playlists from my "old/facebook-connected" account (rrhomberg), to my new "non-facebook connected account (grebmohr)?

Marked as solution

Login using your using old username rrhomberg and make all of your playlists public (right click on the playlist names > Make Public (if it says make secret its already public)). Then login using your new username and in the search box enter:

spotify:user:rrhomberg

You should be able to see your old profile with all of its playlists you can then follow. 

Peter

that worked!  thank you so much!

Hi,

I have an account asa.alvetjarn and none can find me or follow me and I can´t find any friends either. My account is not linked with FB, cause  my other account is. Is this the problem, that I can´t connect with Facebook with my new account, is this why no1 can find med and I can´t find and share with any1 else?

//Åsa

You can find people using their Spotify usernames (which you may need to ask them for since they are different to Facebook usernames). You need to follow someone to be able to share with them.

For example anyone can find your profile by searching for:

spotify:user:asa.alvetjarn

in the main desktop search box.

Peter

Thank you!!!!

Hi, I got similar problem, I can't get in contact with some another users, why? i want to send my playlist to another user but spotify don't recognize each other. we are not friends in facebook. thanks in advance

You need to follow each other to be able to share content if you aren't connected on Facebook. See this tutorial to help find their profile to follow them:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Community-Blog/Tutorial-Finding-Friends-All-Methods/bc-p/423...

Peter

Don't have a Facebook. Can't send playlist to my friend who has a Facebook we both follow each other but when I go to send playlist the spotify people... Sent to list is empty I try typing in there name and nothing comes up... Please help!! I am using the mobile app

Unfortunately, sharing on the mobile app only works via Facebook.

Peter

Why is this the case? You're saying that within an app where the most unique feature is social interaction the experience is limited to Facebook only? Why are we paying 10$ a month for this?

This didn't work for me. Unable to find username when trying to send playlists

Yes didn't work for me either. They want to force us to link to our Facebook accounts by purposely limiting the functionality. The boardroom instructs the designers to maximise profits!!

Hi Peter:

This didn't work for me.

Here's my situation.  I, too, have two accounts.  One is in my wife's name, the other, which I just started today, is in my name.  I want to transfer my wife's playlists into my own account.  I cannot do this.

Here's what happens.  I launch Spotify on my Windows PC.  Spotify opens and automatically logs me in, presumably using my wife's Facebook login credentials.  Under Playlists in the left column, I highlight a playlist.  Next to the green "Play" button is an ellipses (...) button.  I click the ellipses button.  On the dropdown menu, I click "Share...," then "SEND TO."   In the "Enter a friend's name" dialog box, I enter my Spotify account username.  "Sorry, no results could be found" appears below this data entry field.  I"ve tried it half a dozen times to make sure I'm spelling my username correctly.  

Your suggestion did not make sense to me.  It was ambiguous.  It said, "If you log into your old account, then click the link below:"  Did you mean to simply say "Log into your old account and then click the link below"?

Also, I didn't know whether you meant to launch the Spotify Windows program or to launch a browser, go to Spotify's website, and log in at the website -- which are two distinct and different ways to log into Spotify.

Anyway, I tried both.  In both cases, after I logged in and clicked the "link below" in your message, I got a screen thanking me for downloading Spotify and prompting me to save the file "SpotifySetup (1).exe" onto a local drive.  This clearly is not going to fix the problem of the Share utility not finding my own username to share a playlist.

Can you fix this, or put me in touch with somebody who can?  Spotify's website has absolutely no apparent way to reach Spotify technical support.

Suggested posts