Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't unfavorite/uncheck grayed out songs

Can't unfavorite/uncheck grayed out songs

I am on macOS High Sierra and I cannot remove these songs in my favorites section. These songs use to be local files but I deleted them and are no longer on my drive. Now I can't remove the title in the Spotify desktop client and it is really frustrating.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and even deleting the local files file in the Spotify/Users/ folder.

Any help would be appreciated!

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 12.03.15 AM.png
2 Replies

Hey @swang27, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Please check for updates to your Mac firmware, also check if Spotify has any updates available.

Try singing out and singing back in, also try to sign in another device with similar specs if possible or you can try singing in with another account in this device to see if the issue persists 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Did you ever fix this? I have about 400 local files on my account through a local folder, but some of those songs are now back on Spotify so I have removed them from the folder on my computer and they’re no longer seen as available on Spotify, but I cannot unfavourite them and so these greyed our titles remain in my library taking up spots as I approach 10,000 songs.

Suggested posts