Premium

Country

USA

Device

iMac (Late 2013)

Operating System

MacOS Mojave

My Question or Issue

I have the spotify app downloaded to my computer and it takes about 2 to 3 minutes for the app to boot up and once it is booted nothing appears on the screen. I can click my playlists but nothing shows up and it just constantly loads. If I try and search an artists nothing comes up, not even the loading wheel. I have tried to look for a solution on here but everyone I find I am linked to the spotify community but I keep getting access denied. That makes no sense as they were posted to help users solve problems.

7 Replies

Same problem here a lot of years ago. Now it is imposible to add song to queue o play a concrete song, i can only listen to playlists.

Still having this problem. You'd think spotify would have**bleep** together or at least have one of the community moderators respond to this thread. Really thinking of canceling my subscription and using Apple Music, at least iTunes works.

Hey @hippiejoe and @iveldie,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the late reply!

I know this sounds obvious, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Could you also provide us with the following information:

• Device and OS version
  • Spotify app version?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies.

iMac 2014, Mojave, Premium

I have to clean the chache every week, I'm reinstallinng the app every week, I'm doing whatever I read EVERY WEEK and is still not working correctly.

I'm going for apple music or tidal. tired of this.

Hey @ivanmsaraiva!

Can you try following these steps and see if it works for your case ?

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return.
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop.
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit.
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address.
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope this works out for you!

First of all, thank you for helping.

##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost

I guess I don't have any line with 'spotify'.

@ivanmsaraiva

Can you try also commenting out (putting #'s in the beginning of the line) the host lines like the first 5-6 lines. If that doesn't work too you can revert it back.

Suggested posts