Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't view all songs by artist in new update. Why?!

Can't view all songs by artist in new update. Why?!

You used to be able to click on an artist and it would list all their songs for every album, grouped by album. In the newest update it just lists all their albums and you have to click on each album individually to see all the songs. This is terrible! Is there any way to bring back the old way of viewing artists??

Plan

Premiem

Country

USA

Device

iMac

Operating System

MacOS

My Question or Issue

13 Replies

Hi @coolerkid,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

As is mentioned in the recent update to this thread, Spotify is currently working on bringing back a list-like discography view for artist profiles on the desktop app; they expect this to land in an upcoming release.

I recommend keeping your Spotify app up-to-date in order to make sure that you get the latest features. In the meantime, you can also subscribe to the aforementioned thread by clicking the three-dot menu next to its title; that way, you can be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

still can't see all songs list of separate artist in Android and Win app((( So sad. 

Hi @solo_888,

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment to see a list of all songs by an artist on Spotify. However, there are a couple of ideas in the Idea Exchange of the Spotify Community for this potential feature:

• This Live Idea for being able to see all songs by an artist, using the mobile app
  • This Live Idea for being able to view the full artist discography (with all tracks listed out), using the desktop app

If either of these ideas are something you’re interested in, I would recommend adding your +VOTE to them; the more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

It will also be useful for you to Subscribe to these ideas by clicking the three dots next to their titles; that way, you can be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know if you have any questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Hey, since we can't see all tracks from an artist anymore on the Desktop app, how can I plat shuffle with all tracks from that artist? I can't do it anymore...

Hi @squiter,

If the Live Ideas for being able to see a list view of artists’ discographies are something that you’re interested in, I would recommend adding your +VOTE to them:

• This Live Idea for being able to view the full artist discography (with all tracks listed out) on the desktop app
  • This Live Idea for being able to see all songs by an artist on the mobile app (even though its current Status is “Not Right Now”)

The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

It will also be useful for you to Subscribe to these ideas by clicking the three dots next to their titles; that way, you can be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

In the meantime, you can add each album by an artist to a playlist, and then shuffle the playlist as a workaround.

AdamDamSpotify Star

Why was it removed to begin with? 

Hi @CxrruptedSpxtify,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Spotify is always looking for improvements in all platforms, and due to the gap between the web player and the desktop app, some changes were made in order to provide a unified experience between these.

Many changes are made based on the suggestions of the users, and this is not the exception. As such, there are a couple of Live Ideas in the Idea Exchange that you may be interested in voting for:

• This Live Idea for being able to view the full artist discography (with all tracks listed out) on the desktop app
  • This Live Idea for being able to see all songs by an artist on the mobile app (even though its current Status is “Not Right Now”)

The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

In the meantime, you can head to “See Discography” from an artist page and click this icon as a workaround in order to display the content of the artist:

TreyAnastasio_0-1650252716979.png

Note that this works when viewing other content as well, such as Singles & EPs.

AdamDamSpotify Star

A billion dollar company cannot implement a view all song of a artist. Isn’t it funny ? Maybe gonna Cancel my subscription 

10(!) year premium user here. What a joke. Obv not an all the time thing, but def used in the past.  At this point would be better off with my mp3 collection from 2002. 

Guess it's time to find a playlist exporter...

Just go to the artist's page, click on the extension icon and click the "Show all songs" button.

Regards,

It's rediculous that i have to view all albums to find one song that i can't remember the name, because the albums are organized only by time, then it comes harder! Show All Songs is necessary, otherwise i can't use it!

I totally agree. Let the user choose how to view the artist. Give us the views we want. Don't force us to browse through all albums to find "the song". Also now it's very hard to get a quick overview of the most popular songs of an unfamiliar artist and that leads to less new discovered artists. The list of most popular songs is to short and unordered and this is not enough. 

(This and the repeat one song settings that resets when changing song is so annoying.)

Proposal: Make an artist view with at least 100 songs, with the options to sort it by most popular, most liked and latest songs.

Also: In Albums, make a star (or something) next to the songs that are most popular.

Is the most popular songs of artist view going to come back or what?

Just use Amazon. If you have Prime, it's free (looks like it may be free anyway with ads?). There's no excuse to be paying for or using a music service that can't even list the songs from an artist. 

Suggested posts