Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Play Songs

Cannot Play Songs

It is a Mac Air. I have premium. I have updated to the latest Mac System update. Spotify is up to date. I have reinstalled and deleted caches. Logged in, logged out. Restarted. Deleted wifi and logged back in...

I am not sure what is going on but it has something to do with the wifi at my school and it started 2 days ago for no reason. I cannot ANYTHING (in fact playlists will not even show up any songs in them...everything else that uses wifi works). I don't know what to do. I have done absolutely everything suggested. Logged out everywhere. Turned off certain settings. Nothing. I can search for songs perfectly fine. But they just don't play at all. It is incredibly frustrating. The program will not even allow me to play from my phone onto my computer device, it refuses to connect it for some reason. 

Edit: my iphone's Spotify app is also not working anymore on the school wifi. But it seems to work for everyone else around me. Not sure if my account was specifically blocked or something of the sort?

4 Replies

I suggest you take your laptop to some internet cafe and try Spotify with other wifi network. If it works in other wifi but not in your school's wifi then they're just blocking Spotify traffic.

I tried and it seems as though the school might be blocking Spotify traffic I guess? But it does not make sense because it seems to be working just fine for all other individuals using Spotify on that network.

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you keep having issues could you try resetting your network settings?

In iOS just go to Settings > General > Reset.

On macOS follow these steps:

1. Open the Go To menu with CMD + SHIFT + G
  2. Type: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
  3. Once there delete these files: 
  • com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
  • com.apple.network.eapolclient.configuration.plist
  • com.apple.wifi.message-tracer.plist
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

4.  Restart your Mac.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Tried this. Still not working

Suggested posts