Premium

Country

France

Device

Macbook Pro late 2011

Operating System

(iOS X 10.11.6

My Question or Issue

I can't change the artcover on my playlists. also none of the art is showing on the spotify app anymore (desktop), it's showing however fine on my phone. I have tried to get my partner to change the art on our playlists from his computer and it wouldn't let him too. The error message I get is just "Failed to upload image, please try again"

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 21.10.16.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 21.13.19.png
7 Replies

Hi @wolfstorymusic ! 🙂
Just a couple questions for you ...

Have you already tried reformatting the image to a different size or file format?
Have you already tried a clean install of the app?
I have had this similar issue myself and typically one of these options fix it each time. Hope it helps and have an amazing day! 🙂

yes Ive tried to change the size it did not do anything. Also tried to uninstall the Spotify app to download the most recent one, as a result the dowload would get stuck and keep saying Will try again in 15 sec and then nothing happens. The only way I found around it is to download this older version 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1 which might be really outdated.

Any Thoughts?

Hi again @wolfstorymusic and thanks for the info! 🙂
Just to confirm, the image type is not the issue? Spotify only supports the .jpeg format under 4MB for playlists covers. Their FAQ page for cover art can be found here.

Also, Spotify has posted some instructions on their support page for how to reinstall for Mac and I pasted the steps below. Hopefully this will clear up the issue if you are still running an older version. Have a wonderful day! 😄

MAC

1. Click Spotify in the menu bar then Quit Spotify.
  2. Open Finder then click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn’t visible).
  3. Open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client folder.
  4. Click the back arrow.
  5. Open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.
  6. Download and install Spotify.

I had done that already, and I did again. Followed all the instructions to install Spotify again and this is what I am getting...

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 15.45.04.png

Hi again @wolfstorymusic ! 🙂
Sorry to hear this is still happening. Another option would be to create a new account if you are continuing to have issues with this one. You can actually transfer your current account info to the new one following the steps below.
I hope it can resolve it for you and feel free to reply with any findings! 🙂

1. Make sure all your playlists in your old account are set to Public. You can also make a playlist called Your Music and copy all your saved songs there.
  2. Once you've confirmed all your playlists are public, log out of your old account.
  3. For the next steps, we'd recommend using a desktop device:Log in to your new account and search for your old account's profile. You can do so by typing spotify:user:username in the search bar (you need to replace username with your old account's username).
  4. Once you've located your old account's profile page, head to the tab Public Playlists. All your playlists should be displayed there.
  5. Click on a playlist.
  6. Once you've opened that playlist, select all the songs contained in it.
  7. Right click the selected songs and click Add to Playlist > New Playlist.  This step will create a new playlist to your new account containing the same songs. You can name the playlist the same name it had on the old account if you wish, or give it a different one.
  8. Repeat for all your playlists.

Hello @wolfstorymusic!

Looking at your screenshots and I'm wondering which app's icon is the one with the hand on the top right? Is it "Hands Off!"? If so then then app is probably blocking your connection to Spotify thus making it impossible to upload artwork or download the app.

Suggested posts