Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot find my "liked songs"

Solved!

Cannot find my "liked songs"

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I am a UK Spotify Premium subscriber and installed it on my MacBook Air (latest version of MacOS Catalina now being used) around 4 years ago.

My preferred use of Spotify is to create s library of my favourite singles from the past 40 years or so and play them in a random order which up until last year used to be very straightforward. I would find tracks, press the + button and they would add to "my favourites" which I would then simply shuffle/play.

Since "my favourites" became "liked songs", presumably after an update or "improvement" I just can't find them any more!

I click on "liked songs" and get a page saying "your liked songs will appear here" and "Go To Browse" but several hundreds of my favourite singles which I painstakingly collected over the last few years are not there to be found.

Can anyone tell me how to find them?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It worked!!! Thank you so much for the help and support you have given Ivan. You've been fantastic. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there @lesgale

Glad to hear this is now working for you!

Enjoy your music! 

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey there @lesgale

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Sometimes Spotify users create more than one account for different reasons. In such a case you might have two or more accounts. If you're accidentally logged in to the wrong account, you won't be able to see your Liked Songs. 

We suggest you head to this help page. Make sure you check all the troubleshooting steps and especially the ones for finding other accounts. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Thank you for your interest and taking time to reply Ivan. Unfortunately no progress!

I have logged out and logged back in to my account.

I have checked my subscriptions to Premium are still being made (the latest one was taken from my account 2 days ago)

I have checked and re-checked my sign in details (email and password). I only have one email account which has not changed since I joined Spotify in 2017.

I am the sole user of my Spotify account and I only access it on this device (MacBook Air)

I still have no "Liked Songs". When I click on Liked Songs the page that appears states "your liked songs will appear here" and "Go to Browse". Similarly when I click on "Artists" none of the tracks I've compiled as my favourites over the last 3 years are there. 

Is there anything else I can try?

As well as the above, when I find a song I'd like to keep and click on the heart symbol (which then fills and turns white), I get a message "added to your liked songs"

However when I click on "liked songs" in "my library" there's nothing there.

Hey there @lesgale

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another desktop device just to check if you observe the same.

If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Great advice Ivan!! Have logged on to Spotify via my iPad and have found my "liked songs" thank you. Question now is........how do I transfer them to my MacBook Air which is my preferred device?

Hey there @lesgale

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Can you check the username you see once logged in on both devices? The username should be the same in order to make sure you're logged in to the same account on both devices. 

To be able to see the same account contents on any device you're logged in to you must be logged in to the same Spotify account. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Thanks again. I do only have one Spotify account and my user name egerton-12 is the same on my MacBook and iPad. 

Hey there @lesgale

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In case you don't observe the same issue when using a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

I do always keep up to date with software updates for my MacBook (preferred device) The latest one was just 3 or 4 days ago. Currently running Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.4

Have just done a further update check and it does appear there hasn't been another one since then "Your Mac is up to date"

Hey there @lesgale

No worries, we won't give up that quickly.

I think the next step you should try is a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your MacBook. We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues such as the songs you like not being added to Liked Songs. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Thank you Ivan. I'm going through the clean reinstall process you've recommended. Have got as far as Step 4 and have found and deleted the com.spotify.Client folder. I do not have a com.spotify.client.helper folder though?

What I do have is a com.spotify.installer folder. Do I delete that?

Hey there @lesgale

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you can't see the com.spotify.client.helper folder just delete the com.spotify.Client one and no other folders. Then follow the rest of the steps for the clean reinstall. Let's see how this goes.  

We'll look out for your reply.

Marked as solution

It worked!!! Thank you so much for the help and support you have given Ivan. You've been fantastic. 

Marked as solution

Hey there @lesgale

Glad to hear this is now working for you!

Enjoy your music! 

Suggested posts