Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Cant play the current track' issue is back

'Cant play the current track' issue is back

Hi there Spotifyers!!

Anyone experiencing this type of problem since yesterday? 

For me it started yesterday (Desktop Mac) when listening to Genres & Moods playlists  and it's getting worse and worse. Today it is impossible to listen straight to a song, it gives that error msg, it keeps playing... but being interrupted each second.

It only happens with playlists that are not mine tho..... strange.

2018-02-28_1830.png
13 Replies

Having the exact same issue. I am going to cancel my subscription if this continues. So frustrating. I reinstalled everything, and have wasted hours of time trying to find the solution. Spotify doesn't even really offer support. I can't wrap my head aroung the idea of paying monthly and not having the option for tech support.

I am having the same issue and considering dropping the service they have had this issue for over 8 years and cannot rectify. They also seem to be dropping many artists...very disappointed with the way things are going for spotify right now.

I have the same issue. I use spotify on mac. I hope they solve this problem soon.

the solution I found for now is to use the web player. It seems that on the palyer web spotify works. I also tried to download the songs locally on the Mac client but the download is very slow or does not even start. Everything worked until yesterday morning. I do not know what happened yesterday.

It works fine on my Android phone. It is only the apple app that is making me furious. Switching to the web version is not an option for me. I am paying for a service that promises to give me a good experience. I don't want a work arround. Since I just payed for this months subscription I will wait till the end of the month. Then I am ending my subscription. I also use Amazons Streaming Service and while they don't have as large of a library, it is reliable.  

honestly it is the first time I have encountered such problems. I've been a spotify user for years now and everything has always worked well. I hope that spotify will read our complaints and solve the problem as soon as possible.

I am no longer having any issues. It seems as if Spotify resolved the issuse.

this morning I had no problem yet. I hope the problem is solved by itself.

forget it. the issue is back. 😞

I got excited to quickly. I assume Spotify is having server issues.

For three days...? 😕

this morning I have not yet encountered problems with the spotify mac client. It seems that spotify has listened to our requests and has solved the problem. we'll see!

Looks good for sometime now. Hopefully it stays this way! 

Suggested posts