Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change/View current song on Mac without changing windows

Change/View current song on Mac without changing windows

Plan: Premium

Device: Macbook Air

Operating System: iOS 10

When Spotify is closed it will continue to play. You can toggle between songs and adjust volume using the F7 to F12 keys. But when I go to the next song, I can not see the title, artist, etc. unless I leave my current window and open Spotify again.

Is there a way to minimize Spotify to be a small icon that I can run next to other windows I am using? I know I could just adjust the main Spotify window. But when I come back it has to be re adjusted to the full size. I am wanting a separate function to minimize having to rearrange my windows to view the song thats playing.  

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 9.20.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 9.27.56 AM.png
1 Reply

Hi @harrishe27 and welcome to the Community! 🙂
Are you using the Web player or the Mac app? For the app there isn't a mini window - so your current work around would be the best solution for that player. But for the web player version there is a pop out window. It can be launched with the box symbol under the album art.
I noticed also you are using Chrome - which in the newer versions has a nice feature  built in for media too. It will show up in the top of your home screen as a mini music note controller when a Spotify window is active. From there it will let you control the music no matter what Chrome window is active. 
I hope this was a little helpful and that you have a great day! 🙂

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 8.56.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 8.49.30 AM.png

Suggested posts