Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changelog for Mac Spotify Desktop 0.9.10.14?

Changelog for Mac Spotify Desktop 0.9.10.14?

Spotify just updated to version 0.9.10.14 on my Mac desktop app. It looks like all the threads with release notes are out of date. Does anyone know what the update included?

Also, does anyone know why the release notes are no longer posted regularly? It looks like the last posts were from like 2013. The old thread used to be here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/Release-Notes-Spotify-for-Desktop/td-p/392150

Screenshot: http://bluetide.pro/r8FW/1pkFtQ0F

Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 12.09.25.png
8 Replies

I just updated to this version in Win 8.1.U1.  I have spent 30 mins looking for release notes to find out what is new and I could find nothing.  As usual Spotify make everything as difficult as possible for paying customers.  Such information should be volunteered by Spotify.

I don't know why I even bother to post anything here as the developers always ignore everything their paying customers say.  I would be better trying to have a conversation with **bleep**tykins my cat  (He is really, really stupid even for a cat).

I feel a rant coming on here so I'd better stop....

Humph!

Yeah, it's a bit frustrating they just don't post this info. I don't really get it either. Hopefully a community manager posts some info and sheds some light on this for us...

I did ask about release notes for .14 but was told there where no noticeable changes from the previous release. (Which funnily enough didn't have release notes either....)

The download pages still point to the 0.9.8 release, meaning 0.9.10 isn't rolled out yet, we normally don't get release notes until that happens (but we don't have 0.9.8 release notes either it seems!).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

There definately should be detailed release notes. Even if they aren't noticible, we should get to know.

Not only do they not give us release notes, but when they do, they are very hard to find and inconvinient. The Spotify client should ask us if we want to see the release notes whenever we update.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I agree. Even if there isn't any new features added, that's okay. But we should still get release notes to know what bugs were fixed. This would help people who might have had issues get resolution to their problems.

I'm hoping they've lifted the 10,000 song limit for the new 'Your Music' feature...

I don't think I should have to say it but just in case any other Windows people are in here, we are also wanting release notes. Absolutely astounded that they aren't realeased with each update. Really reflects poorly on the development team. 

I completely agree, I'm also on Windows 8 and just got the 10.14 update, and wanted release notes. I leave spotify open for days (or weeks if windows doesn't auto restart from updates) so I might miss a couple versions if I update just before another one is released.

The version number is clickable in the about screen, it should just open a browser window to an update page, doesn't have to be fancy or even on the forums, just a simple page with updates. (winamp did that correct, showed updates, bugs and other things they broke in their release notes).

Please, give us a changelog!

Suggested posts