Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Macbook Pro 13 2016

Operating System

MacOS Catalina 10.15.6

My Question or Issue

My chromecast (connected without a display to a receiver) disappears immediately from the Spotify devices menu on my Mac. As soon as the device is changed to something else, or if it's paused long enough or spotify is restarted etc.

The chromecast used to be remembered. Now I have to instead open spotify on my phone and switch device that way. I have tried reinstalling spotify.

4 Replies

Hey @nik10110

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. We'll do our best to help you sort this out.

We understand that you've already tried reinstalling the app. However, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful for clearing any corrupted files from previous installations and it's more thorough than a regular reinstall. It will also get you the latest app version. 

We'd also suggest making sure that you have the latest firmware installed on your Chromecast device. 

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Without any further changes it suddenly started working a bit better, with the Chromecast sometimes staying in the menu.

I just did a clean reinstall (Except for the step that tells you to "Enter “Spotify” in the search field, hit “Search: Library” and delete all files that appear" - That seems a bit nuclear to me and like it may poison other apps, considering what files it found). I'll return if I keep having issues.

Thanks.

Hi again @nik10110

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We're happy to hear that everything is working properly. 

If anything else comes up, we'll be right here.

Have a good one!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I wouldn't say it's quite "working properly" as I still have to restart Spotify daily to get the chromecast to reappear, but it's tolerable.

Suggested posts