Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast not connecting

Chromecast not connecting

I've been able to connect to my chromecast devices through spotify connect in the past, but as of yesterday, I haven't been able to connect to any chromecast device. I've rebooted everything and tested other apps with the chromecasts, and they seemed to work fine. I tried connecting to chromecast through the chrome browser and the spotify web player, and it connects and then immediately drops the connection. The same thing happens with the spotify app on android (running on a Pixel 2). Chrome can stream other audio content fine, it only runs into this connect/disconnect issue with the spotify web player.

4 Replies

Exact same issue here!

Same **bleep**ing issue on iphone, getting tired of the same**bleep** every time

Hey @discoduckling.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the delay! We'll be glad to help you out here.

Just to confirm, are you experiencing this issue on the web player with Chrome when streaming to your Chromecast, as well as on the Android app on your phone, or just on the web player? Also, have you tried streaming Spotify to your Chromecast from a device other than your Pixel 2?

In any case, could you (and also @arnemiguel and @Colin_S) provide us with the following information:

• device and OS version
  • Spotify app version?

We'll be looking out for your reply!

OnePlus 6 on Andoid 9, Oxygen 9.0.2

Spotify version 8.4.84.874

Suggested posts