Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clear Playback history? (My account was hacked a few years ago...)

Clear Playback history? (My account was hacked a few years ago...)

Hi,

Are there any way to have playback history deleted -maybe even by language?

A few years ago, my account was hacked. I'm still not sure if it was due to a stolen token - or a bad password.

However, here multiple years after, I'm still having trouble with chinese-music showing in my "Daily Mixed", after i listened to a "Summer Rewind" playlist, where a few chinese numbers where. I'm skipping the tracks at all time (if i remember to do that), but it's SO ANNOYING.

Are there any way to handle this?

I've found this, but I'm not sure if it's 100% the same - i guess not...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Clear-Spotify-history/td-p/37671/page/5

Else, I can't really see other option than deleting my account, and start over - but i really like all other parts of my history with Spotify.... 🤠🎶 I've already access to YouTube Music, but.... I really like Spotify, as mentioned 🤗

Oh well.... I know.. Some of them are pretty nice (spotify:track:4Ab0UWC7GmtKgEiVr0I08O, lol).... NOT.....

YourSummerRewind.png
1 Reply

Hey @exetico,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Since there are no ways to clear your listening history (but only to change it through your listening habits), the best thing for you would be to start off with a new account while making sure you don't lose the music you love and have in the current one.

Take a look at this Spotify Answer to find out how this works.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts