Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clicking Album cover does not scroll to current track in playlist when playlist is sorted

Clicking Album cover does not scroll to current track in playlist when playlist is sorted

Plan - Premium

Country - United States

Device - Macbook Pro 2018

Operating System - macOS Catalina

My Question or Issue

The following assumes that clicking the album cover should take the user to the currently playing song in a playlist.

When in a playlist and the playlist is sorted. Clicking the album cover in the bottom left scrolls to a seemly random track in the playlist.

I'm guessing that the album cover's button action uses the pre sorted index of the current song and that after sorting the album cover's button action isn't updated to use the song's new index  🤔

1 Reply

Hi @rfenters95,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Spotify is currently aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the wrong song to be highlighted within a sorted playlist when clicking on the album art, using the desktop app. I recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue, even though its status is "Not Right Now” and there isn’t an exact timeline for a fix.

I also recommend keeping your Spotify app updated to the latest version to ensure that you receive updates to the app.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts