Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clicking cover brings you to the wrong album

Solved!

Clicking cover brings you to the wrong album

My Question or Issue

Despite an earlier thread on this topic having been marked as FIXED, clicking on the cover art still sends me to the wrong album. This has started happening only recently as a bug.

In this case I'm showing, clicking the cover for Black Keys latest album always takes me to St. Vincent's album. I've even RESTARTED the desktop app, and this problem persists. Clicking the song title correctly goes to the right album. Can this please be fixed promptly?

2021-05-19 11.52.25 AM.png

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Operating System

macOS 10.15.7

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @silversidedown,

We have news 🙂

We've recently rolled out a new update that should resolve this.

Could you run one more clean reinstall to check if everything is running as expected?

Keep us in the loop. 

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey @silversidedown,

Thanks for reaching out.

As we haven't seen any similar posts about this recently and what you're experiencing seems a bit different from the fixed issue, we feel that this is most likely caused by corrupted app files. It's a good idea to clean reinstall Spotify on the device where this occurs. This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations. 

If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know if you can replicate this behavior when logged in on our web player

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mihail Moderator

I initially thought you were right and it was a cache corruption issue, after I used the clean steps and played something.

However, this behavior is easily repeatable and still occurs. Can you please therefore REOPEN the issue as a moderator, because it won't let me un-accept the solution?

Steps:

1. Played an album
  2. Added a single track to the queue
  3. Once the track comes up in the queue:
  4. Clicking cover art for single takes me to the WRONG album
  5. Clicking single title below cover art correctly takes me to the single

I can repeat this behavior on the Web player, so this has nothing to do with the cache. Please take a look at the attached screenshots.

2021-05-21 Clicking cover art.png
2021-05-21 Clicking song title below cover art.png

Hey @silversidedown

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We tried this on our end, but we couldn't replicate it. 

Would you mind sending us a screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

How do I securely share a screen recording with support? I can't post it here because it contains my name and machine name, which I prefer not to share and cut from the screenshots showing the issue above.

Hey @silversidedown,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

You could try blurring/covering the parts where your private info is shown. If that isn't possible no worries, just let us know the exact Spotify version you're running, and if it happens only with albums or also with playlists, and if it's with all of them or just specific ones. This will help us further investigate.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

I've recorded and reproduced the bug again, as requested. This is using desktop version 1.1.60.668.gff09d345-a.

Steps taken and shown in the video:

1. Start Spotify
  2. Play album
  3. Add a single different track to queue
  4. While album track is playing, notice that clicking cover art and title below cover brings you to album - OK
  5. Non-album track starts playing from queue
  6. Note how clicking cover brings now you to original album - BUG, but clicking title below cover correctly brings you to the track's album

Please let me know when this can be fixed. Again, this is really basic functionality and a regression from previously working behavior.

Hey @silversidedown,

Thanks for getting back to us with the detailed explanation and the video.

We've passed your report on to the relevant team. They will happily take a closer look into what may be causing this behavior. We'll keep you posted on any new developments here, as soon as there are any.

In the meantime - we'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator

Hey @silversidedown,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

The team is testing out a possible fix. To that end, could you let us know if you're still able to replicate this behavior after one more clean reinstall of the app?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator

The problem 100% still occurs. I just set up a fresh macOS 11.4 installation, with latest Spotify client. I'm in a state of disbelief that this is still occurring and has taken this long to be fixed, to be honest.

Incredibly easy to repro, start playing album 1, add another album to the queue, when queue moves to the next song from 2, clicking cover art for album 2 will take you to album 1.

Spotify 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a

Hey @silversidedown,

Thanks for trying and keeping us posted.

We appreciate your patience. We've gone ahead and reported it to the teams who are currently looking into this. We'll keep you posted on any updates about this.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Marked as solution

Hey @silversidedown,

We have news 🙂

We've recently rolled out a new update that should resolve this.

Could you run one more clean reinstall to check if everything is running as expected?

Keep us in the loop. 

Ver Moderator

The issue indeed appears to be solved, both in adding songs and albums to queue, then clicking on cover art. So, so, so glad to see this finally fixed. Thanks for the good news!

Suggested posts